can i overclock my ati radeon 3100 integrated GPU

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by haikara, Oct 31, 2008.

1. haikara

haikara New Member

GPU:
    ati radeon 3100 integrate
    hi all,i have a toshiba satellite m305
    vista 64 bit
    4 gb sd ram
    integrated ati radeon 3100
    amd turion x2 ultra 2.10 ghz
    i cant seem to overclock my GPU which is an integrated card, ati radeon 3100 with a default core speed of 500 mhz and a memory of 400 mhz or 500? (from GPU-Z 0.2.8)
    i already tried some OCing tool like
    powerstrip
    ati tool
    rivatuner
    CCC
    rage3d - says that i dont have CCC installed but i intalled it already(the 8.10 w/ ccc)
    but none of 'em worked.
    my catalyst version is i think, 8.10

is there anyway to overclock my card?

thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Æther Tech

Æther Tech Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 9600GT(OC:750/2k/2k
  3. haikara

haikara New Member

GPU:
    ati radeon 3100 integrate
    thanks to you but
    i already searched to google but i didnt find any means of overclocking this card...or tool that overclocks this that is working... btw the link u provided, have you found any working tools that overclocks this card or someone who successfully overclock this card?

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Overclocking requires 2 things to be greater than the average PC, power and cooling, two things of which laptops fail. Another point worth mentioning, is that overclocking your video card does diddly squat. Yep sure, you get an extra 500 3DMark points to tattoo on your theoretical ePeen, but in practical gameplay, it's barely noticeable, maybe 1-5 FPS extra.

Oh yeh, Aether, you too, the tools you need to OC an ATI are either, ATT, ATi Tool, or Riva. None of which support mobile Radeons.

5. MrElder

MrElder New Member

GPU:
    ocz platinum
    info

hey dood, i just ordered a foxcon motherboard with the 3100 chipset. I did some searching for info about it, and I saw a review where {maybe toms} the reviewer overclocked a 3100 built into the motherboard to over 900 mhz,,,no BS.
    That is what it said. With the foxcon mobo you overclock via the bios. Check your bios and see if there is a gpu clock thingy. Same bios screen where you set the Vram to 256, 512.. hope this helps

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I seriously wouldnt bother. You wont get any performance increase. You will just be greeted with texture glitches and no performance increases what so ever. You will be better of buying the best AGP card the HD3870 512MB it will improve your performance tenfold and wont hurt your bank balance either.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You know these forums are made to help people too? And not tell them google?

But on topic, the Catalyst control center has an overclocker tool. When I had my 3850, I used the overdrive(ATI overclocking tool) and riva tuner along side it to control the fan speed, and it worked out pretty damn good. You can run the automated tool to see if it'll take you up any, if not then you can go up about 5-10 mhz and see if it's stable and such. But, I don't know if the catalyst control center will give you this option since it's an intergrated gpu...