Can i get some help?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deleted member 268800, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Does it happens to you, that while web-browsing or chilling in Chrome or any web-browser, after a while, it seems to hang out? to slow... till the point if you grab the bars to down or up, gets stuck, or if you try to comment or text in Facebook or any web-site gets like lag?

IT happens to me a lot, was wondering if something related to hard-disc or ssd?

I take some pictures of my task manager and open resource monitor, i don't know what can be the culprit, or if its chrome with some extensions such: Last Past Manager, or ADB plus?
    PS: Need to start to do a collage of pictures before uploading 1x1, but it always end in a bad Quality, sorry
    Uploaded 5 pictures.

Picture 0.1
    [​IMG]
    Picture 0.2
    [​IMG]
    Picture 03
    [​IMG]
    Picture 04
    [​IMG]
    Picture 05
    [​IMG]

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Potentially sounds like your RAM is about to go bust. Run memtest86

Deleted member 268800 likes this.
  3. Thanks for your answer, even if run on non XMP, i should do Memtest86 for long period?
    Like opening many instances of memtest 86 to reach like 90% of my current memory right?
    I have is a AMD ab350 fatality k4 gaming motherboard 4.70 last bios and patriot ram 2x4 (8 gigs) oc with xmp to 3.200 but people say that these motherboard are not that good at all, and this pc has just 1 year since may 2017

But in the past i remember trying modifications with many settings but the only thing that i didn't touch was the Voltages to avoid burn my module of rams.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Could be HDD / SSD too. Make backups and if you can try installing Windows to another (physical) drive.

Though if you only get lag in Chrome and nowhere else then most likely Chrome / extension / adware or malware related.

5. You know i really like pc enthusiast, connect with my pc at 100% be very in sync, is like i like to have a smooth pc, perfect details, everything beautiful, and all manual, but gosh the amd technology it is very confusing many,many options, thats why i surrender 4 months ago, asking for help in Reddit, Tomshardware, because AMD was like very new technology yet, even in 2017 and 2018 the first 5 months.

Hope a day i can find a very techie guy that can help with my bios, to understand, to study deeply, because to my pc is life hehe
    But my english and brain isnt helping at all.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well that lag is neither BIOS nor AMD related I dare say ;)

fry178 likes this.
  7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Check following:
    Latest BIOS-Agesa
    Latest drivers/firmware - Driver Easy works fine, even the free version.
    Adblocking is eating some RAM, try light adblockers, AdGuard or UBlock Origin.
    Do the same tasks with and without NordVPN running. See results.
    Check if some page is doing hidden crypto mining check URL https://whoismining.com
    Run Wireshark to see where connections are made and what is running on your internet connection.

What I would do: make a Linux bootable USB and run all the tasks I can imagine, see if there is some slowdown. More, as above suggested, I would run a Memtest.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Just run memtest for several hours, set it up for a full scan. So it scans every ram stick fully. If you see errors, that's your issue.

9. I'll do a research about how to properly to use memtest 86 on ryzen, because if I remember when i tried to do that memtest86 in the past using my ryzen same memorys, the mouse become hiper laggy, was like no way :O, was a difficult moment.

Them i will report here results. really appreciate your effort guys, i'm so lucky!

Sometimes the situations of a country can put to much pressure or stress in people that's why i get sometimes lazy to thinking myself, back in 2016 i was like very fast to do test, about everything now i'm like stucks in big loop, so with that being said, ill start to do the research and of course try memtest86 again, thanks again.

10. PS: Do i need a pro version, or can run the free version? saw a pro version in version 7.5 cracked.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    What are you talking about? Memtest is run outside of Windows. You install it on to a bootable USB drive, and boot onto it. What mouse lol

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This is not a hardware issue at all. You've got so much spam and crap flying through your social media, that your best bet is to just re-install windows.

13. Yeah but i was trying the UEFI mode of USB and it runs a interface and my mouse cursor barely moves, like holding a big weight, so i ended up doing the no uefi, but i find some errors in my ram, i will post down below

14. Well guys yesterday at night, I did one TEST for one single ram module first, in the second socket from my AB350 Fatality k4 gaming, from left to right, i put in the second slot. *BELOW PICTURES ILL ADD SOME TEXT) thanks for reading this and helping me.

Here:
    [​IMG]

Bios intro:
    [​IMG]

Configuration that i set on BIOS , just the CPU AND RAM:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Timings Are default by the XMP didn't touch anything:
    [​IMG]

Now these are the Errors just 3 pictures
    IT started first with this Error:
    [​IMG]
    Then the second was:
    [​IMG]

And last after 12 hours, i bet if i was giving this test like 48 hours probably it will raise more errors, i think probably the error on that ram was the XMP profile set bad timings idk

[​IMG]

Something weird is that, the program reads my cpu at clock 3.194 while windows with CPU Z looks like this:
    [​IMG]

CPU Z RAM
    [​IMG] :

So all this test was just with a ram model is PV48g320c6k DDR4 test just one ram at 3200mhz cl 16 1.35v
    I dont know if removing that ram and putting the second one on the same slot? and run a test of 12 hours with the second ram?
    Sorry for many pictures

15. I'm kinda sad i tried the second memory on the same slot of my motherboard, and it didn't throw any errors, like my other ram of 4gb :/

Now what can i do?, any tip to fix my other ram of 4gb? here in Venezuela situations really sucks :(.

See this the other ram of 4gb same model, i just let run 1.40 hours and of course there is not errors, i didnt let go more about 2 hours because is kinda obvious, the another ram of 4gb, at the very beggining 20 minut it throws errors...

[​IMG]

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    x58haze
    Well, it seems we have found the culprit. Try to do this turn off any XMP, just keep that suspicious ram stick at stock speed. Run it again, if errors appear again then we have found the problem.

The last test is to do your usual workload/browsing, WITHOUT the faulty/suspicious ram stick. If no issues, then you have narrowed it down.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

17. I have some news, the first thing I did was to grab the ram memory that had the faults, and clean the copper contacts, with the rubber of a pencil, and then grab alcohol with a good quality paper and wet the pins, and then end up drying it with paper.

Now i ran a test of 4 pass with that ram only connected in the same slot A2 running cpu 3800, and xmp, same timings, so far no errors ._. this is so weird.
    See no errors and this is the same Memory that rans 15 errors. Probably because of cleaning with alcohol and the rubber? or probably the socket a2 is like making bad contact.

[​IMG]

Also something interesting Regardless to the CPU with Aida Extreme 64, is that when i tried System Stability only with the Stress Cache it throws error
    I saw that by downgrading the CPU CLOCK it stabilized, but idk i thought that these cpu ryzen can go stock easy to 3.8 or 3.9 with volts 1.26 or 1.30 depends of silicon lottery XD

[​IMG]

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This is not a hardware issue.

19. Yeah but besides the web-browsing, what about the test that i did?
    Do you see my hardware acting good? today i tried the first ram that throw me 15 error, them i cleaned, and tested again with via usb memtest86 3 hours 4 pass everything good
    Then I decided to test the memtest86 in Windows, by using 90% of my ram with 5 memtest HC opened, and this is what i get

I was use single rank 4gb on 3200mhz, now ill try to reduce the mhz to 2933. to see if thats the problem. (i will follow cryohellinc advise) to see if by dowgrading the mhz its gets better.

using XMP 2.0 set auto to 3.200 mhz
    [​IMG]

20. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Leave everything at stock clocks for cpu/ram.
    Adding any oc when you have issues and try to troubleshoot, does not help.
    Install both sticks, run full memtest.
    Switch on xmp for ram, run full memtest, if it passes, run test 5/6 at least a few times each.
    No error after that means its fine,
    any errors on test 5 and/or 6, lower clock to 3000 (or closest option),
    and test again.
    Once you have the settings right,
    Do a full scan with SuperAntiSpyware (free) to check for any mal/spyware,
    then check if you still have issues in windows..

cryohellinc likes this.