1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help an old Fart on a game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pigchild, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Sniper Elite 3 looks pretty good on max settings.

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Wolfenstein, both new editions, and Shadow Warrior. Beside all the other good inputs from the others.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    My picks would be the following:

Bioshock Infinite - GOTY 2013 for me, absolutely epic game

Metro 2033 Redux - Make sure you pick the Redux version which is better than the original. Moody, scary, great looking game with a nice story

Metro Last Light - More of the above

Wolfenstein : The New Order - Old school FPS where you can either sneak or just shoot everything dead. I personally don't like the expansion but well, it's up to you to try

Shadow Warrior - Surprisingly good game with a weird story and humor. Sword or guns, its up to you

Hard Reset - This game still looks good although it's a bit older. Kill robots, lots of robots.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Both have old fashioned gameplay. I was overwhelmed at some places.

5. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Borderlands hands down if you want co-op fun. Amazing game, but start with Borderlands 1. Really is a ton of fun, so much to do.

6. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Just a heads up metro redux bundle is $9.99 on steam at the moment.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Shadow Warrior remake also seems to be a brilliant FPS. Not going to blow your mind graphics wise, but it's solid looking and a lot of people rate it as one of the best shooters in the recent years. Look into it and decide for yourself. It's also dirt cheap atm on steam.

8. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I was playing Killing Floor the other night and told these young whippersnappers that I was 52 - and they just about choked on their coke!
    I made it worse by saying in a Stalker forum I was reading, there were a number of late 60s relics and even an early 70's bloke.
    So to my fellow dinosaurs remember the golden rule, the winner is the one with the biggest smile on the dial :)
    Enjoy the single player games, and enjoy the ever increasing qualities of graphics.

9. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Aren't we all. :)

Though there never will be the perfect game, I just enjoy a bit from a bunch of them. The Wolfensteins are pretty cool , I play BF4 & Hardline online, and am enjoying Dirt Rally and Project Cars now that I have a reasonable wheel.

10. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm going out on a limb here since I believe you actually appreciate a "good" game but wish it had all the bells and whistles.

I would suggest these two mods:

Brutal Doom and Aliens Ultimate Total Conversion.

Both can be played coop and my God, is it intense to run through Hell fighting back the Horde and in Space (ok, Mars) fighting back tons of Aliens with a squad of 16-bit pixels but with the intense gameplay as good as Crysis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bJ0AwUfvgyc

Download Doomseeker online multiplayer app, point it to your Doom folder, install the mods and get online. I think its a no brainer for you.

The next game I would suggest would be Black Mesa Remake online. Amazing singleplayer, incredible production value and atmosphere that matches or bests AAA games out there, and I cannot wait for coop mode!

Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2 in coop online are also awesome. Hint - Play on those CRAZY Russian servers with more than 6 players! Really awesome way to blow off steam and pressure from the day.

Try this if you don't want to put our cold cash: Killing Floor Toymaster

Its by the guy who made the original UT2 Mod Killing Floor and its free. A great taster before you buy. I can advise if KF 1 bundle drops down to 10 bux, buy it. Better than a movie for the amount of value you will get out of it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015