Can a GTX 275 cause boot failure?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by yleclerc, Dec 19, 2011.

1. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    I do not know if my GTX 275 can cause my PC to not even show to Power On Self Test (POST?) It has been a few weeks that my computer was taking some time to power on from the switch.

I'm not sure if the problem started when I connected a Toshiba LED 19 inch 19SL410U TV, via HDMI. I used the provide DVI to HDMI adapter (EVGA) and a good HDMI cable.

2. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    Faulty components of many types can cause a system not to post. Do you have another card to try? Sounds like a bad PSU to me though.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    Are there any beeps when posting?

4. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    does not seem to be a psu problema more like a cpu or ram or vga also dont thinck so but defnetly not a bad psu remove all components if dust apears clean al components one by one and you wil solve the mistery also if any oc is done lower to nominal setings or remove the batery from your matherboard

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Unlikely, more likely to be a RAM issue. Could also be GPU, the motherboard itself, even more unlikely, CPU. A bad PSU would either cause random restarts or not power on at all.

6. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    I must be confused, because from the sound of the OP I understood that his PC wasn't even POSTING. Assumed he meant dead in the water with no power. That and the fact that he was having power issues prior sounded like PSU was a good place to start.

7. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    So is the pc turning on an just not posting or are you hitting the power button and nothing is happening at all? If nothing is happening at all that is most likely either a bad power supply or a loose cable. Please give more information.

8. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    From the way he worded the OP, the computer turns on but fails to POST. The reason could be his GPU, RAM or a fault with the board also. A faulty piece of hardware can also stop the PSU from passing it's own self test, hence it may not power the system up immediately.

Only way he's going to find out is to test it himself. There is no simple answer.