Calling all Eyeglass wearers

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by tsunami231, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Wearing Glasses (framed, small/medium oval) since i was young, i'm 35 now.

R -3.50 Astigmatism 0.75 (70)
    L -3.25 Astigmatism 1.00 (105)

Astigmatism correction in glasses suck, because it deforms objects along the edge of the glass, it also causes issues reading white text on dark backgrounds. There is also Chromatic Abberation, which is less noticable with small glasses. I also have to deal with my greasy face multipke times a day.

I'm actually so fed up with having to deal with glasses the past months, that i made an oppointment for an extended first checkup at VISUS here in the Netherlands. And hopefully i can get my eyes lasered within the next 3-4 months.

It still makes me nervous thinking about it, but i know from the research i done it's not as bad as it seems. The good thing is that you can ask for Valium before treatment, which i will certainly do as i'm a nervous person by default.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    anticupidon likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    We are in almost bandwagon.
    I avoided laser, but after dealing with so many pair of glasses list, blistering my nose ( high sensitivity on skin) and petty peeves of mine, decision is made.
    Just finding the right clinic, price and qualified doctor up for the job.

Tiny_Clanger likes this.
  3. I'd choose surgery save fearing going wrong lol. I've got Trigeminal Neuralgia and prefer contacts. With nerve damage; contacts can be irritating but 8/10 I don't notice them. They really are a blessing. Everything looks larger instead of my glasses. I can enjoy sunglasses, 3D films, VR headsets. If you choose a newer type of contacts some are so good you can't barely tell they're on your eyeballs anymore. This is opposed to back in the day - hard glass practically. Far as vision, I even get my astigmatism corrected with contacts now which is awesome & something I wasn't always offered far as I remember when I was younger.

What a blessing - take that option as I'm sure the last thing anyone needs including you is unwarranted movement during an important medical procedure.

EDIT: So, contacts you can sleep in now. To me it seems a little unhealthy; I'd think your eyes would want to breathe at some point? You close your lids when you sleep sure but still. I did find it funny the way my optometrist attempted to sell them - "Hey you know you can sleep in these ones for an extra price... " yeah - no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2019
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The appointment for the extended checkup has been made.

January 15.

I will hear that day if it's possible and what they recommend. I'm still not sure myself when they offer all 3 methods, i know i don't want Lasik. It's between Trans PRK and Relex Smile, seeing i'm a nervous person Trans PRK might be a better option if they allow it.

5. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I've been wearing glasses for over 20 years now. They're simply a tool in my life that makes things easier for me. I've considered laser surgery but the potential issues as well as cost have been reasons for me to largely ignore it. I've been wearing them so long I don't mind them. And, truth be told, they are a form of fashion. In the future as my eyesight continues to deteriorate due to old age and worsening astigmatisms in both eyes I'll likely consider surgery, especially as it continues to improve. But, for now? I'll just stick with what works and enjoy being able to see well.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I've been wearing extended wear contacts for almost 3 decades and have never had an issue I'm -550 in one eye and -600 in the other. Corrected to 20/15. My current brand, I'm on a two week in, one night out then a fresh pair.
    [​IMG]
    However I am considering Lasix just because the payback, it will be cheaper over time and less hassle.

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Lasix has changed the game for me entirely. No need for the hassle of contacts and can see perfect. It has 7 months since I had it and 0 issues. At first its a little disorientating how clear you see, but the pay off is great. Fast and easy procedure too.

The halo effect around lights has gone for me too, was a little daunting at first. There are horror stories of them staying for some people, but I was the one of the lucky ones.

8. Fair enough - I don't dispute first-hand experience (within reason of course)

9. All you people talking about lasix are really tempting ... anyone know of any accounts of laxis and people with nerve damage already? Honestly I wonder if I'd be an insurance dis qualifier

10. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Ive got a thing about eyes, i cant stand mine being touched or have anything near them or on them, contacts, i love my face furniture :) Ive got 2 pairs of the current prescription and 1 pair of an older, just aswell cos i cant see fekall up close :D

Girls who wear glasses are usually cute as hell :cool:

11. Doesn't wear them (which is a miracle for as long as i have been staring at monitors), but always keeps cleaner and microfiber cloth handy for those that do.

Tiny_Clanger likes this.