Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Never mind, Windows 10 user here. Seems they're blocking Windows 8/8.1 (prolly 10 too) because of the cheating (a.k.a. timer) which is too bad :(

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers for the input matey, your not high jacking at all, any and all constructive criticism is welcome.

I wanted to take the socket off but I didn't have the hex tool to do it so I just left it on. Though I'll probably get rid of it in the future.

Yeah didn't quite know how wide to go tbh so thought better safe than sorry, first time here ;)

Be cool if you could throw up pics of your insulation setup!

Yeah I have more eraser on the way to fill the rest up, also have some neoprene coming. Still waiting on the acetone delivery, should hopefully all be here by the end of the week.

I've put some eraser on the back of the mobo, not much, just inside the socket on the back. Should I put more on there!?

Should I cover the first RAM slot with anything? Perhaps the first PCI Express 1X slot too? Or am I worrying to much for DICE?

When you going to start benching again Cowie? Not seen any subs from you for a while ;)

Cheers for the input fella's!

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    @yo twid's I think its ok now to use w10 or even 8.1 just make sure system info is open at least I think so

yeah cover a 5x5 Inch area on the back of the card just use some paper towels over the area of the ram slot also wrap up the pot with towels that will help cover the first ram slot
    I would say to use Vaseline but it gets messy and its not a good idea to mix it with eraser.
    I still bench every week matt its just I have more fun doing then posting
    see
    [​IMG]

I will have all my 980's going by next week so I bench for guru3d with them

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @cowie: Have you read the thread about "new" GPUPI?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    on it now ric

6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    OK think I've gotten the insulation finished, not done much in a couple weeks, become obsessed with watching the walking dead lol

[​IMG]

I've ordered 10KG of DICE 16mm pellets, will possibly end up with 7KG by the time its delivered, not sure. But it should arrive on Tuesday :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ohh yeah baby we are getting closer:)
    Its great where on am I can get dice 7 days a week
    just modded my gamer 980 pl/gpu/ram the pll is not done but just on air today.

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh yes, won't be long now! Got the G530 in there atm see how it goes, don't want to risk my 3570K straight away, so I'll play with that and the G540 then the 3570K will go in once I'm happy I know what I'm doing lol

Nice cowie! The 980 going under ln2 as well then? Along side a frozen 5960X :) hope to see some pics dude ;)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Good luck and maybe a good move

dice for the card if I have time this week still leary about getting my 5960 cold at all but maybe dice to start too.
    I have to get the chip cold first by itself the card I know but never went cold on this board/chip yet

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Playing around right now with it, wouldn't post at first, had to rip it all apart! Had a bent pin in the CPU socket! That was annoying lol

Running now though, got a couple 1st places with the G530 at 109bclk, then pushed for 110 and it weren't having it lol, took a while to get going again!

My ud3h only reads down to -8 so I got no idea what temps are lol I'm just chucking dice in every so often lol

Trying Cinebench R15 right now, best so far is 174, think my men timings are holding me back

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    GO Matt!! coolness bro

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Its been fun! Was hoping to get more out of the base clock, but perhaps I don't know enough yet to squeeze a MHz or two more out of it.

Think I've done all I can with those CPUs G530 & G540.

Next up I'll get my 3570K in there, do some 2d then 3d, not sure when now, Im back at work 2morrow but I still have some DICE left lol If only it was delivered on Monday instead of Tuesday!

Think one thing I do want to get is a thermometer for it, need to see the temp lol

You got that 5960X cold yet mate?

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well great matt it seems you had fun :)

not yet but I will try

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thought I'd just throw up a pic of my benching rig under DICE :)

[​IMG]

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    nice matt

I forgot what 980 card this is but its after the thing started to warm

[​IMG]

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Nice! Is that for DICE? Have you ever used the Kingpin stuff Cowie? Just wondered how much better it all is as his pots aren't cheap are they!

Also picked up a 3770K off ebay last night, so shall be playing with that soon, should probably play with air first then order some more DICE in ;) No doubt do all 2d to begin with, then when I've learnt the CPU can start benching my GFX cards with the CPU cold.

Know any good threads or guides, for Extreme Overclocking with cold, methods that might be useful for me to read through?

17. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    kingpin pots are some of the best in the world so you pay for them.
    I am on older imported pots from Australia. I need another gpu pot so I am looking too
    you should be able to find plenty of info at the two sites jag referred to.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is there also Cinebench15 gpu only benchmark hwbot ladder?

192fps+ is uber when I googled a bit lol:nerd:

[​IMG]
    cpu 4.6/cache4.2ghz, gpu stock 1097mhz boost.

20. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    TJ,
    You should over clock the GPU, no points for just the GPU test? Still get a total when you combine them?