Call of Juarez (U.S version) DX10 and DX9

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    thats good to hear :)

mind sharing the performance youre getting? and at what resolution?

2. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Would love to. Trying to get some type of fps counter to work. Fraps isn't working, and not sure if a counter can be enabled in game through the console. Running at 1680x1050.

3. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    No, *that's* false.

The US version of CoJ does indeed have optimized performance and tweaks that the European version does not.

4. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    ok take a screen from the level that the demo has of billy in the first valley u start out in with fraps on and ill post one as well from the demo and we will see if performance has improved.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX SLI @ 650/2000
    It runs great :) I'm running at max settings and 2xAA and it runs great, very smooth. And yes I'm in DX10 mode :)

6. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I wouldn't say great. I guess it depends on what your personal taste is for running great. My taste is a constant 45+ fps...and it definitely doesn't run at that.

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:

As is my taste and it does run at about that or higher on my rig. You have a GTS, I have a GTX ;)Not to mention the rest of the differences between our rigs, dual core vs quad core, 2GB vs 4GB..ect. You can't directly compare my performance to yours ;)

And just because I don't advertise it in my specs, my rig is nicely overclocked too ;)

..and trust me, with 64bit Vista you want another 2GB of RAM, everything smoothed out quite a bit by adding it, and the OS and games just feel more responsive.

8. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I hear what your sayin. But I checked task manager, and it's not eating anywhere near 2gb of usage. Also, I dont think COJ is optimized even for dual core, much less quad core. What are the clocks on your GTX? If you had 2 GTX's, then yeah...I could easily see 45+ a lot of the time. :)

And what are you using to show FPS? Fraps doesn't seem to work in COJ.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  9. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    he doesnt get 45 fps on 1 gtx, he can babble on about overclocks and ram all he wants, but anyone with sense knows hes FOS

10. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    What is your purpose here? To be an ass?

You've obviously got issues with the way this game is performing, not sure why it's such a big deal to you though...

11. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    no its just annoying when people post performance numbers that we all know they dont have

12. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:
    What the hell is your problem? I'm sorry, you must be the know it it all of everyones hardware. :finger: FOS? Look, just because you are too incompetent to get your rig running they way it should, don't call me a liar. What do I have to prove to the likes of you? Nothing, that's what. I've seen some of your posts before and all it seems like is that you are here to be a complete a$$hole to people. So piss off and have a nice day.

@ Slam, I'm running my card at 650/1500/2000 and my CPU at 3.2Ghz (400x8) and my RAM at 1000Mhz 4-4-4-12

13. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Fair enough I suppose. Not sure why anyone would do that but then again there's some strange people out there I guess.

14. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    umm the fact that hes claiming he gets 45 fps or better and fraps doesnt even work in dx 10 says all that needs to be said about his BS claims

15. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    damn no screens??? someone post some DX10 screens of COJ !!!!!1

16. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Im going to go pick me up a copy today i hope.. If its even worth it..

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:
    You are pathetic. I've played many FPS games and I can tell when a game is not running smoothly, regardless of a frame counter. Any gamer worth his salt can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, and I can tell you the games is a lot smoother than 30fps.

18. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    yeah and yet everytime ive been thru this before i eventually find out the guy was playing at 15 to 20 fps, which is about where im sure ur playing at the settings u reported.

19. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Just one I had for the hell of it. Keep in mind, I shrunk this down in paint and jpeg...so some quality is lost. I'll get some more going. dx10 is getting damn near photo on outdoor lighting etc. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  20. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:
    Hardly. 15-20? No indeed not. At that frame rate it would be choppy as hell, and it is not choppy at all. Save for the rare instance when the game has just loaded a new level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.