Call of Duty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jgomez7238, Aug 16, 2013.

1. jgomez7238

jgomez7238 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I was playing the original Call of Duty which I purchased from Steam but I'm getting an error message when I start it up. It says it could not load OpenGL. Make sure you have the latest drivers for you videocard from the manufacturer's web site. Here is the complete message... I can play multiplayer but not the singleplayer. Any help is appreciated. Thnks.

build win-x86 Mar 2 2004
    ----- FS_Startup -----
    Current language: english
    Current search path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pakb.pk3 (60 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty/main
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak5.pk3 (46 files)
    localized assets pak file for english
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
    ----------------------
    30160 files in pk3 files
    execing default.cfg
    couldn't exec language.cfg
    execing config.cfg
    couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
    Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
    ...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
    Measured CPU speed is 4.33 GHz
    System memory is 1024 MB (capped at 1 GB)
    Video card memory is 4096 MB
    Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

----- Client Initialization -----
    ----- Initializing Renderer ----
    -------------------------------
    ----- Client Initialization Complete -----
    ----- R_Init -----
    Initializing OpenGL subsystem
    ...initializing QGL
    ...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
    ...setting mode -1: 1200 1900 FS
    ...using colorbits of 32
    ...calling CDS: failed, bad mode
    ...trying next higher resolution: failed, bad mode
    ...restoring display settings
    ...registered window class
    ...created window@3,22 (1206x1929)
    Initializing OpenGL driver
    ...getting DC: succeeded
    ...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
    ...51 PFDs found
    ...hardware acceleration found
    ...PIXELFORMAT 11 selected
    ...creating GL context: succeeded
    ...making context current: succeeded
    video card cannot set mode 1200x1900 because GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is only 1024
    ...WARNING: could not set the given mode (-1)
    ...shutting down QGL
    ...unloading OpenGL DLL
    ----- CL_Shutdown -----
    RE_Shutdown( 1 )
    -----------------------
    Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
    Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's web site.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I believe you need a file or something, i had the same thing when i had a ATI card and tried to run the game.

edit: Found it: http://www.2shared.com/file/gf_ekhuY/atioglxx.html

Put it in the Call of Duty folder where you're EXE's are and the game should now work.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  3. jgomez7238

jgomez7238 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thanks, but I tried that and now I am getting a different error message. The message says "LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed." It's only with this game I must say. ALl of the other games including the other call of duty games work fine. I can even launch the multiplayer. It's the single player campaign that's giving problems.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Sorry to hear, then i'm out of options what it could be.