Call of Duty: WW2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Mar 26, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    A video stream or recording of the first level might give a better overview, as long as the player doing said recording is acting somewhat competent and not just fooling around or have most of the video covered by a selfie-camera or similar that is. Voiced narration can be annoying too so a silent walkthrough version would be recommended.

Gives a glimpse of how the story is and more importantly it would better showcase the AI and overall gameplay plus how the squad works with the perks and all that.
    Reviews can help too if you'd want to avoid any visual spoilers even for the first level of the game though the Steam reviews aren't usually all that great and the community forums can be downright terrible so other sources might be better. :)

EDIT: Story wise well I guess there's not much to say when compared against Ghost, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare or Black Ops 3 on Treyarch's side, I liked Black Ops for the gameplay but the story is impossible to follow unless you're very perceptive.
    (It scrolls past in very quick text as the level is loaded and then bits and pieces can be found from finding things in the missions and when completing the game but beyond that it's pretty hard to connect what the hell is happening unless you look it up.)

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Single player is as Jonas describes it, its enjoyable and at times frantic but good frantic, not a patch on BF3 for me though. Its fun but the whole HQ thing just annoys me and is unnecessarily clunky. It runs very very smoothly though.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Is the single player campaign locked to 60 FPS because I cannot get the framerate to go higher even though I have in-game Vsync off and the refresh set to 165 Hz?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    No bud, im getting around 140fps, there is a limiter in the setting menu though.

5. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Is this game worth for benchmark?

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    According to the G3D review, no.

7. Syntax2112

Syntax2112 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6G
    Played the beta's and was not very impressed. Thought I was playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Graphics were horrid for a modern dev'd game.

Shame to as I was looking forward to a comeback of COD. Everything past COD4 was trash I thought.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Comparing it visually to Enemy Territory is a bit much.
    But, it's been said many, many times that the campaign looks amazing, while MP was dialed back some to keep speed up.

And, while on the subject, personally... the best CoD titles have come from TreyArch and Sledgehammer. Infinity Ward hasn't made a good CoD since CoD2.
    But, personally, Black Ops, WaW and Advanced Warfare are some of my favorites. CoD4 just... meh. The entire MW series I couldn't get into, that's really when the series went full Michael Bay with style over substance.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    The more i play the SP, the more im enjoying it.

10. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Im even quite enjoying the MP , Im really not very good at it but its not as "rage inducing" as other cods :D

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Same, there are some people playing that are worryingly good but im getting into a decent groove. Im missing the openness of BF4 maps but now im past that im enjoying this for what it is, and my last COD titles were MW2 and WaW.

12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Finished the SP campaign and it was great and now I'm having a blast with Zombies :D

Tbh, I've been happy with the majority of the CoD games, they generally deliver what's written on the tin.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    ur fps is fluctuating a lot and dropping to 40s....

15. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    Hey guys I am looking for a bit of help. I purchased CODWW2 at launch and I can't remember which nvidia driver I was using but it was not the latest - Anyway I started the campaign - got 10-15 mins into the first mission and then heard an error but my screen went black and locked up. Cant get task manager up or anything so have to manually reboot. I've done some research and some people are having similar issues but not many seem to be having my particular issue. I've tried a lot of things to fix it but no luck so far - I always get to play for 10-15 mins at a time before the screen randomly goes black and I have to reboot.
    There was one instance when I was able to see the windows error where it said 2d texture was unable to be written - not enough storage...

my specs are 2x1080tis, 32gb ram, i7 6800k on X99, im also using a predator x34 gsync monitor, and CODWW2 is installed on a 4tb HDD which has 3TB of space left on it. Also I am running windows 10 x64 and ive updated to the latest creators edition with no issue in other games thus far.

Things I have tried :
    Updated to 388.13 latest nvidia drivers
    Verified game cache in steam
    Disabled all overlays I can think of (Msi afterburner + Rivatuna, Nvidia overlay in geforce experience and also steam overlay)
    Disabled SLI
    Disabled Gsync

it's still doing the same thing whenever I play - I get 10 or 15 mins in, sometimes less and then boom, hear with windows error but screen goes black and have to manually reboot...Very frustrating issue.

I'm not sure what else I can try? it seems the other users with similar set ups are having no issue, which made me think it might be gsync, but upon disabling gsync and the problem still persisting I really am stumped.

Strange that the one time I got to see the windows error it said not enough space...because i have 11gb of vram, 32gb of ram and 3tb free on my hdd , could it be a memory leak? but then it should affect everyone and yet the only instances ive read online of people having this issue for them was actually just with the beta rather than the full retail version that we all have now - does anyone have any other suggestions?. I've really been enjoying the campaign but 10 min stints is just starting to piss me right off lol...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    How are your temps? Sounds like its overheating and shutting itself off.

17. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    Full ek custom water cooling. Cpu never goes over 55c and gpus never go over 60c. Gpus are not overclocked and cpu is mildly clocked at 4.2ghz@1.3v. Ive just tried setting the pagefile to "system managed" as I usually have no page file at all and saw a suggestion where setting the pagefile helped them. Not holding my breath though lol

EDIT:
    Ok I shall proceed and eat my hat. It appears as though setting a pagefile has sorted the issue? just completed an entire mission without a crash! Might restart the whole campaign now so I can play through without interruption :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Great glitch in DOM today, all players both Fr and En showed up with red tags for all players, everybody getting TKs ha ha ha

19. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Is anybody else getting greenish/red screen flickering in the game? Got the latest NVidia drivers installed 388.13 and running a GTX 1070.

20. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Someone have performance issues on stronghold (mission 3) big drops to 50 fps (1600+16gb+rx580)