Call of Duty: WW2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Mar 26, 2017.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well cheaters are unavoidable in CoD MP, i really hope they do something about it cause i love the game so far.

Haven't gotten any connection issues in all the matches i've played.

2. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070

Ok, i solved this problems with out of memory for textures ('Extra') by making a pagefile bigger. I have 16 GB of RAM and i had minimal pagefile size set (800 MB). I set it to managed by system (for 16 GB RAM, Windows set 16324 MB) and now its ok, no crashes.

Shataan likes this.
  3. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    My 4K videos of the beta (3 out of 4 maps).

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I love how you can sprint for like 5 feet and apparently your gun has a 15 foot long bayonet that can stab someone from so far away. They also really need to get rid of killstreak perks.
    Nope I definitely won't be buying this.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Not to mention it's a peer to peer game.

That means if host has a shitty connection or slow PC you will get lag/hitching/stuttering etc.
    Obviously if they rage quit you'll have a host migration, which sometimes crashes.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Ok spent the last 2+ hours playing and I gotta say the games growing on me now. I guess it was just a case of getting an idea of the maps and getting used to the weapons and such, Blops 3 was my last CoD that I played seriously and enjoyed too but the pace in this one is a bit slower which took me a while to adjust to.

I quite like the new War mode but its a shame theres only 1 map to play on the beta and I would also say that I still feel that some of the maps in the other modes are a bit too confined to my taste, I get why they are like it but I just prefer something a bit more open and larger.

On a sarcastic side note, I like how devs nowadays ditch true AA in favour of crappy and blurry post process AA, I spent the first hour playing the game wondering why its so blurry and tested a few of the AA options but in the end switching AA off entirely made the game look a hell of a lot sharper and enjoyble.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Decided to try the Open PC Beta on Steam, seeing as how one needs a WW2 fix now and then. Been awhile since COD 2. Anyhow, here is my findings. I am running the Beta at 3840x2160. Most all settings maxed. Depth Of Field off, to remove the blur effects. Texture Resolution Scaling set at 125%. It seems at whatever res you set to, if you want to see that sweet high res texture look, you NEED to up Texture Resolution Scaling Slider till the game starts to stutter, then back off 1 setting. Mine stuttered at 150%, absolutely smooth ingame at 125%.
    I found for me the ingame movement doesn`t have the floaty look of viewed character movement I saw in the WW2 console vid footage. Same with 1st person movement. Felt decently solid. Weapons look great, sound beefy and solid. Kills both giving and getting didn`t feel at all cheap.... so far. Maps I tried do feel a tad claustrophobic for me. Hopefully the Final Release has some more open feeling maps. Tbh, this really feels on these maps anyways.... that I am playing Quake Of Duty. Not a bad thing, but with this kind of gameplay, I can only do this kinda
    thing in short sessions.

Looks sufficiently WW2
    Runs great on my Rig
    No crashes, hitches, issues
    I find the menus odd to nav/figure out
    No sounds issues other than there is no 5.1/7.1 choosability.
    Found it odd that Planes and Tanks are auto piloted/game controlled

Really hope the single player Campaign is decent...... and immersive. So far, not too bad.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've just played 2 matches, I had to do exactly the same as what Repo Man did; turn AA off completely.

The sound is ok in this game, graphics are ok. Game-play is ok, except too much muzzle-flash. Coming from BO3, there were quite a few times/encounters where I wish there was more movement options, which is really weird how there isn't (not even a slide). I will admit that I enjoyed it more than Battlefield 1 as it's a more focussed type of game. However, I'm unlikely to "main" this game. Right now, I have no plans to get it, but, it does have a more "old cod" vibe about it.

Oh yeah, they need to make it more obvious on how to quit the game.

Shataan likes this.
  9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Well I hated the last cod what ever it was called (the cheap titanfall knock off one) but I'm having some fun in this one especially war mode (not really interested in the none objective modes)

I think the graphics are fine some nice gun models at least I do wish they would build a new engine or use unreal 4, crytek engine ect

So yeah shocked I'm having fun tbh although I'm a big sucker for WW1/2 :3

10. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Host migration? not dedicated servers? I didnt realise , I thought it was laggy. Battle-Non-Sense is doing a net-code analysis on it so that should be interesting. Im not buying it if its peer to peer or whatever they call it

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Call of duty has been exclusively P2P for quite some time now. They can afford it as it's way smaller map with less players and close/no destructions compared to Battlefield.

Installed the beta, haven't launched it yet.

12. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    LOL
    Killstreak perks is call of duty game...

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I tried the war mode also now and I really liked it. What a great idea :) The maps seem to have gotten smaller but apart from that, it could really turn out to be a great game in the end.
    At least as long as the connection works and there's some sort of anti-cheat solution apart from VAC, I should be fine for a while.

What I loved about WaW though were the highly detailled maps and the long-range battles. Could this ever be as good?

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    War mode a "great idea"?
    Ever played Enemy Territory Wolfenstein?

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    As much as i'm not a call of duty fan, this simply is not correct. I'm not sure there's a call of duty that doesn't have dedicated servers (maybe one of the games?). The problem is you will likely not know if you are on a dedicated or not, since most of their recent games, while having dedicated servers, shuffle you around on P2P and dedicated.

That being said, i don't know if this game has dedicated servers, or rather if it has dedicated servers during the beta at all.

And if you think what i'm saying is incorrect, do what i just did and google the call of duty games with dedicated servers in the search, and you'll find information on how each game utilizes dedicated servers.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, never. BF1 had almost the same thing with operations, and I simply like playing an objective-based mode that has some idea behind it.

The last one I played was BO3, I think, and there you could only play domination and, later on, just team deathmatch. That's boring as hell.

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ive always been perplexed by why anyone would set their pagefile to anything but system managed its just a matter of time before something screws up. I remember a few years ago the general advice was to move it to another hard drive?!! madness :D

18. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ive been having issues with mouse feeling odd , i remember cod having some problem with mouse sensitivity being linked to fps. tried locking at 160fps resulted in 167 , dropped it to 144 fps resulted in 167 , anyway after much messing around ive found that 100fps lock seems to result in 100fps ingame and it feels much better , bit annoyed i cant have 160 fps and still have gsync but hopefully they will fix it. (i did find that 120 fps lock resulted in 125 fps ingame but again the mouse just felt off , maybe its me)?

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    So after hitting max level yesterday and having 14 hours put into the beta, i can say i love it and will be buying it.

So glad you can disable the chat, can't stand people arguing about how i seem to cheat lol.
    Sometimes my aim is so fast and on point, people think i'm hacking really fast.

Shame the war gamemode doesn't award you that handsomely when you do the objective.
    I got double the score while just going for the kills with the sniper, but i do manage to get 30+ kills every round.

lucidus and airbud7 like this.
  20. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:

Over 10 GB vram usage in 1440p! This game is using insane amount of vram. I'm glad that I bought 11GB vram card, but I hoped to see vram usage like that in the future. I bet next COD game will use even more vram, and my 11GB will be not enough already.

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/call-of-duty-wwii-beta-test-gpu-cpu
    Gamegpu test is very interesting, because as you can see 1070GTX compared to 980ti is able to provide 4K60fps experience thanks to 2GB more vram.

Shataan likes this.