Call of Duty: Vanguard

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    1.2? I thought the factor was the amount of VRAM to be used, with „1“ being everything? I usually set it to 0.9 or 0.95 at max.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The only VRAM bug exists in Warzone when you set High textures because even 12GB of VRAM aren't enough. After extended period of gameplay you're getting micro-stutters/degraded performance.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Youtube uploader said season 5 best is 1.2

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    MW and CW all suffered from a stutter bug on both Nvidia and AMD systems where the game will fill up your VRAM with useless junk thinking it may need it in the future. This lead to textures and assests the game DID need having to be swapped in and out of VRAM because the engine has filled it with that useless junk.

Both these games allowed you to go from 70%-90% VRAM in the settings but this did nothing and the engine would still fill upwards of 90%+ with useless stuff.

This lead to random stutter after a short time playing. The MW team more or less fixed the issue, obviously as they had more funding thanks to Warzone. But CW was a mess on both my 1080Ti and my 6800XT where I would see easily 15GB used out of 16GB.

To fix this you had to go into the .config file and alter video_memory and set it to 0.5 now you go back into the game and play for as long as you like and I never saw VRAM go above 10-11GB and stutter was completely removed.

Its a well known issue, they just never fixed it properly. Now in Vangfuard the settings in game allow you to go from 50%-90% and even on 90% I have seen that the game doesn't just fill up the VRAM with useless stuff. It now seems to cache the correct things that are/will be needed for the map or area you are in.

ramthegamer likes this.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Setting video_memory to 0.5 resulted in many textures not being rendered at full res.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Nope, zero difference in IQ.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Set to 1.2 for mid to high end setups, 0.9 for lower end

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Will test it out but the last time I checked there was no difference in IQ and I took full res .bmp screenshots before to check and there was zero difference.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Guys this game is a joke.

This is a screen shot I took with the game maxed out at 1440p

Untitled.jpg

WTF is this?

Now what if I was shooting? what if there was explosions going off near me? what if someone else is firing at me?

You can't see shi% in this game! This also doesn't go away when you turn everything down to low.

XenthorX likes this.
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    @CPC_RedDawn noticed this one too, pixelated sun flare. Also there's a setting creating terrible freeze of the game, don't know which one but putitng everything all low fixed it (5900X/3090)

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    the doors in the tower are see through on that map too, so when closed the other side can still see you are there, lot of bugs in the game for a month left.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    From what im seeing here BF2042 will kill it.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    The sun will be fixed in final version. The game runs silky smooth, zero stutters, high frame-rate. But textures are low-res, i hope we'll see an HD texture pack when final comes out.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Dude at this point BFV could rerelease and it would also kill this pos.

XenthorX, PhazDelta and Undying like this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Even if it does only 3090 will have enough vram to make use of it.

16. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Never had that one myself.
    I've played MW enough to get Damascus camo
    And Cold war enough to get DM ultra and Dark Aether camos, I've never done that fix and i've never had a VRAM stutter. Im at 200+fps on the MP 99% of the time.

Only Issue i've had is DLSS will bug out on rebirth so i have to turn it off and then back on in between rounds last season for the fps to jump back up.

I feel like a lot of people here are being overly sensitive of a Beta. This isn't even the current version, A crap ton can be done in a month.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Cold War used ~7.5-8GB with HD textures enabled in 4K - max settings, so no, even RTX 3080 will be enough. Warzone is another story.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The leak is the problem. I used to read the two caching options were the root problem, so I turned them off early on and never looked back. Never had issues in multiplayer (MW2019) with the highest texture settings.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Long time a game hadn't crashed on me, happened 4 times while streaming, is it linked to their anti cheat?

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    There is no anti-cheat in BETA. Something's wrong with your system, you also wrote that you have freezes etc..The game is silky smooth.

big ROBOT bill likes this.