1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I might have to do the same thing as you.

Shataan and ramthegamer like this.
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Shataan likes this.
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Can anyone PLEASE help me out here. I am really looking forward to this, but would like to know if they will have rentable servers? I know they will have dedicated servers, but I would love to have a COD that looks this good with a server list. P2P has caused many issues for a few people.

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Gamescon was disappointing.

I saw the nVidia RTX teaser vid. Was taken back by it. I preferred it with RTX Off tbh. RTX off showed really detailed environment shadows. Once they turned it on, all the detail environment shadows disappeared. And in JakFraggs vid of 2Vrs2 he posted, there were no player shadows on the ground as they moved.

I am thinking nVidias RTX implementation for Modern Warfare 2019s not quite ready for prime time. Hopefully the final release shows a better implementation of RTX. Maybe it`s a driver issue? Aaaah well.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

Open alpha test this weekend on the PS4 !!

imho it looks pretty damn sweet!

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Still I cannot find any info for rental servers for the PC. If we had that, damn, the PC community would be huge. Hate getting region locked. At least with a server list the server owner can have a maximum ping allowed etc and I could still player with my buddies around the world.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Usually that doesn’t work. Ping in COD has to be below 50ms for a good game and 100ms to be bearable.
    Europe can’t play well with the US or Asia. It’s just too far away.

9. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Just wanted to chime in to say DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR TRICKS AGAIN.

Game looks fine right? Black Ops 4 looked fine too, and they promised features and support for their "3 year" game.

To give a recap on problems that I can remember -

Beta launched at 60Hz tickrate, game then launched at 20Hz, community noticed and they fixed it for America after a few weeks, never got official word that they changed it for EU, people say they did but never saw proof.

Promised features such as weapon stats and said it was "being worked on", never showed up.

Greediest microtransaction practice (unsure if it's worse than Apex), with overpowered weapons in them that you have little to no chance of acquiring, which make the game unbearable if you're on the receiving end.

I've been let down by CoD for years, but how they treated Black Ops 4 makes me certain they will never change. If you're interested, I would highly advise waiting 2-3 months to see if it still has a playerbase, and if they haven't pissed off the playerbase somehow.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

XenthorX and Cronik like this.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Works perfectly fine. I can play with 130-150 ping and be happy. Notice little to no lag. Server lists are what the majority of games use on the PC. Tones of European players are on US servers etc and large communities. Depending on the game and their server quality - should be perfectly fine. 300ms above of course that is too much, but below 200 should be fine and is in most games.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Might work for you, but not the ones shooting at you ;) The game has always worked best as long as the whole "lobby", or match, was below a certain ping. I had to limit this to 100ms back in the days as one of our guys was on a wonky connection himself, but below 50ms the whole thing was far more precise.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Guys the alpha is available only for the weekend? And on battle.net app?

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Only PS4, CP will come in three weeks as far as I know (it says on Battle.net).

15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Anyone got any idea at all wtf they are going to release some actual campaign reveal or SpecOps Mode stuff?

16. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    anyone still playing original modern warfare? I still go back to cod4 as my go-to non-quake FPS. I have ordered the new one, and i sure hope it doesn't suck. Can't wait to smash some console players on crossfire, strike, or crash.

17. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Generally speaking, COD has always been a fun experience. You get in for a match or two and out in matter of minutes. I like that, especially with my current life and work schedule. Some of them (especially the World War themed ones for me personally; they are starting to tire me out at this point) weren't as good as the others, but overall, COD has always been a fun experience. I am looking forward to the next one; it gives me strong COD4/MW2 vibes (and memories) :)

18. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    I hear you, as i still play cod4

shoja likes this.
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I am not seeing what is so supposedly awesome about shadow RTX in the vids so far posted by nVidia. What I am seeing is detail shadows totally disappear. And in many cases no player shadows. ... as in JackFrags vids. I hope this doesn`t turn into another debacle ala BF V. Imho BF Vs RTX reflections was a waste of RTX capabilites. No one runs around staring at reflections.lol I like how Metro Exodus Devs used RTX for all lighting. Very nicely done and effectively used. Hopefully a vid comes along that shows some wow factor as far as shadow RTX is concerned in Modern Warfare 2019.