Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You know the game natively supports MGPU?

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Gave it a go on my older system (core 2 quad) crashes at startup, on win 10 no error, on win7 reported a memory access violation. so looks like older hardware is sol for now

also attempted to start it on my not quite so ancient sandybridge laptop, no crash, but it hangs probably due to old nvidia drivers.

guess ill be sitting this one out.

mirh likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Source ?

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    The only way to gain that much, is by lowering the render res, which i wouldn't include in graphic settings, as who the hell wants to lower the resolution... that's the only thing you'd NEVER want to lower, as that makes everything harder to see.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    lol, u made me laugh: poor man s battlefield, i like how the guns behave, but some maps are just too much camping fests, u don t even know where u were shot from, so annoying, i love the 2v2 gunfight however

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    game runs at 90 fps for me as an average, game should be running well over 120 fps with those graphics, hell, bf5 runs better than this

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    my impressions so far:
    guns and movement are great, they did a great job at making the animations as realistic as possible, reloading a weapon looks great.
    some maps are camp fests.
    2v2 gunfight is the only mode i enjoy.
    hit detection can be cringworthy sometimes, u seem to have the aim on the guy but he kills u first....
    graphics are bad without smaa 2x, which kills fps for me, it doesn t make any sense tbh.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Ye bf5 with no sli at 4k runs the same as this game does at 1440p for me... and bf5 looks alot better aswell...

This turd of a game has actually made me appreciate battlefield / battlefront more.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    DesGaizu and ramthegamer like this.
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    When I started the game it rendered at native 1080p 100% scaling, i raised that to 150% to be 2880×1620p

And it ran between 70-90fps (main menu 50fps), played smooth though. Blops3 was faster but also had higher cpu usage.

That said I won't buy it though :p

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    I assume you are talking about the small game modes though, and not 64 player... i get nearly twice the performance in the small game modes vs 64 man.

11. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Runs fine on my rig. Some high and cache shadows both off. No antialiasing either. Between 125 and 144 fps on average.
    Oh and render resolution on 100% ofcourse. All at 1440p.
    It actually runs better than bfv. And looks fine too. That 1080ti video is showing correct values and my gtx1080 comes close to that with the same settings.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Video of that on the 64 player map, or your claims aint worth much Pinocchio.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Where did you see that claim? Only one GPU is being used for me and I don't see any in-game option to activate MGPU manually.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I selected quick play, domination, capture the bomb, and one more mode.

Oh I also used shadows at high instead of extra, and only gun blur on, 2xt not filmic, rest maxed.. But the game warned me of newer driver, I have 436.15, not .30+

edit:
    Ok yeah it runs 20fps lower, 50-65fps , usually just around 60ish fps.. Guess I need to play at native 1080p for that.. But it looks very dated, like BF3 or worse, with Tree/objects LOD issues, popup or random low LOD glitch (trees mostly).

It felt like a cheap imitation of BF 64player mode, but 6 years behind.. nope

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Some Ground War and 2vs2 Gameplay - the 64 players mode is too chaotic for me, it's coming form everywhere, i don't know how to play it - still have some good time on it tho.

16. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Guessing the RTX enhancements are coming post release? Didn't see any options for it in the menus. I'm really liking what i've played so far. BF now has a decent contender. Just a damn shame Ground War has next to zero destruction. I really miss that from playing the BF games.

Shataan likes this.
  17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I did not really like Ground War at all. Definitely made me appreciate BF5 more if anything..

Hopefully the SP will be worth it, otherwise I'll probably skip this one as well.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    I decided to try it some more, despite hating it the first time around... because, well... it's free this weekend...

And i only have 1 positive thing to say about this game - weapon customization! But i really hope dice picks up on that, because they have actually gone quite a bit backwards from bf4 to bf5 in that regard.

Everything else about this game is crap. It's basically just a twitch kiddie game. Super arcady with stuff popping up everywhere. Crazy dumbed down gun mechanics, with no ballistics, just hit scan, aka no bullet travel time or drop - same goes for rockets. You fire a rocket at a tank from a very far distance, you will get a instant hitmarker and damage to target, and then a little while afterwards the explosion animation plays.

As someone else rightly said - this feels like a poor mans battlefield. I am glad that i didn't cave in to my brother, who tried to get me to preorder this game, cause what a waste of money it would have been.

Kolt and -Tj- like this.
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    ofc , what do u expect from the same engine as cod ghosts and even before

20. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Where did I say 64 player maps? And keep the name calling to yourself, because I wont stand for such behaviour.
    But hey, it runs between 75 and 95 fps on my rig in 64 player map, with certainly not all settings maxed out. But also not like you seemed to claim.
    The video with the 1080ti is accurate, and a 1080 isn't far from it, albeit slower ofcourse.
    If you have issues, it's on your end.