Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 3, 2022.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I never look, it just runs

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    They used it for shadows, but you can achieve the same result at lower cost using virtual shadow map (UE5), won't even need any ray tracing hardware.
    That being said i noticed a couple time in which the shadows could have been better.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Lol ok

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm not a big fan of this series. I was back in like 2002 when it first came out....then once it became a thing I kind of left it alone. But since this year has been very sparse for gaming, I picked this up. Was able to put a few hours into it Friday night. I like it. But this is from someone that has no knowledge of the series over the last 15 years. But visually, it's solid. I wish the textures were higher res in areas. The gameplay is decent for what it is. I'm entertained. I don't plan on playing the mp. So basically I spent $70 for a sp short experience but I'm ok with it since it's been a while since I've had something to play.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Wow dude, you need to play the Modern Warfare from 2008 - that story was superawesome.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Thanks, maybe I'll give it a shot. I think I quit after call of duty 3.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah well trust me, story wise ur missing a lot since 2008 indeed

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Lots of good campaigns since then. I really like the two most current MW titles the most so far, but several other games had great campaigns also.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    As an aside, if anyone here in the US can get one of the MTN dew packs with the skin on I'll happily pay your whatever the pack costs for the code.

• 20oz MTN DEW PRODUCTS: 30 minutes of Dual XP
    • 16oz Mtn Dew Game Fuel: 15 minutes of Dual XP
    Its those ones apparently, if it's like a dollar a bottle ( I have no idea I've not drank mountain dew ) I'll gladly chuck you some more cash.

Can never get this stuff in the UK

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As you mention this, I think it's quite interesting that CoD as a "global" phenomenon only has these things on their home turf. They could sell products over here with codes or use other brands to advertise here, which they never do.

11. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I never even look at stuff like that, but I'll see if our cans in NZ offer the goodies, with a new game we need all the xp you can get

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Its so odd, theres a BK operator too that isnt in the UK or US but only in europe.

There's one for Jacklinks jerky too if anyone can get one of those.
    I got a mtn dew one sent over from someone on twitter.

13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    The game is updating on Steam -> 34 GB.

LOVED the campaign, except those 'lost & on your own' missions. Hope they don't make a whole campaign like this next time.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The campaign was good, a bit lengthy at times, there were roughly 2-3 times that felt boring.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is the campaign still murica saving the world against some really bad people aka russians or they actually did something different?

16. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The British SAS are American? :eek: Oh, noes, an international military task force comprised of Americans and British is Murica saving the wurld.

Who else is going to save the world from Middle Eastern radicals, Chinese, and Russians? Why would it be about anything else? It's called Modern Warfare.

Are you one of those European cucklords that go around the internet and say "America bad" and say oppressive Middle Eastern governments, radical Islamists, Russia, and China are victims or some crap?

How about you get some serbs together and make your own damn video games instead of just pointlessly complaining that most games are made in and for the U.S. video game market which is worth around 95 billion USD(2022) vs European video game market worth of 32 billion(2020).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Based and combat pilled.

18. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Not sure what you mean by combat pilled(I've never been in the military) but I did create and take my own pill years ago. I call it the anti-bs pill. Ever since gamergate and 2016 nonsense talk to get what need or want has been taken to a whole new level.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Actually Scorn is our first big video game release in Serbia and it has nothing to do with european cucklords or murica saving the world. Check it out.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'll just note that you didn't have to make any European caricature to make your point, would have open a discussion instead of alienate other people.
    Secondly i believe @Undying is a bit bored of the CoD formula, which is perfectly understandable given we're having a CoD campaign every year since 2005 afterall.
    Thirdly, pretty sure we can find Americans saying the kind of fantasies you described, the joy of free speech in our western democracies.

Repo Man likes this.