Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, May 1, 2016.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I noticed a few games doing this now that I think about it. Rise Of The Tomb Raider does it..

I guess essentially they're using it as a swap file space of sorts.. Makes sense I guess..

2. Drthrax2k16

Drthrax2k16 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GAMINGX
    every after movies talking scene ... graphic its change to wiped out... how fix ??? i try diferent settings.. its same on all setting :|

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Infinity Ward didn't make AW, that was Sledgehammer Games.
    Ghosts looked weak compared to AW and BO3. So, not surprised that IW isn't really "wowing" anyone.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3070 ti
    Giant Bombcast had a theory that releasing Titanfall 2 and BF1 right next to each other was an attempt to dominate that space and stop the cycle of so many people buying CoD every year.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    And all CoD games look weak compared to MW1 and MW2 because many people left IW and created Respawn(The team behind TF1 and TF2).

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    As much as I enjoyed TF2, I really disliked the Modern Warfare series.
    CoD4 isn't... bad, just a bit bland. I didn't like the characters, and the story felt like sort of a half-cocked war-themed fan fiction.

And, MW2... that was just CoD: Michael Bay edition. All style, no substance. Bad story telling, plot holes... military "MERICA!" xplosions and meh.

Infinity Ward hasn't made a good CoD since the first one. And even then, it was surpassed by United Offensive.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well... i cant disagree with any of that.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3070 ti
    Well I caved and got the Deluxe edition ($85 on GMG). It's a gamble but i'm really interested in checking out MW1 again and hate paying full price for map packs.

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3070 ti
    It appears the game is capped at 91 fps. Does anyone have a fix for this?

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    i like quite a few micheal bay movies, such as bad boys, the rock and the first transformers, those were pretty good movies.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Wow it looks like pc gamers at least have had enough of this series, on steam concurrent players were the same for rainbow 6 seige (which is also on uplay.. with cross play of course ;p ) peaking at around 10k players....

and then we have 2 people looking for a match on the windows store version rip.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3070 ti
    I think part of the problem here has to be the fact that many are playing MWR instead of IW. According to steam statistics it's an entirely separate game.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    The stats reckon there's at least twice the number of people playing IW rather than MWR.

I'll take IW over MWR any day tbh.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    if windows10 store gamers can cross-play with X1 gamers then it's another thing completely and might actually be more fun than playing PC gamers only

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I don't see the draw of the MW remaster.
    I own MW. I'm good.

The only reason I played the remasters of Bioshock 1 and 2 is because I got them for free. Only reason I bothered with the ones for Dead Island and Hard Reset is because they were only a couple bucks.

But with this, COD4 still plays fine and looks good. I get why it's a selling point for consoles, but... on PC I just don't get it.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    COD: MW Remastered runs like absolute garabage on my PC even at the Optimal Video settings (which amusingly the game set a 5K resolution for!!!). I switched to 2560x1440 maxed out settings with supersampling left at Off but every thing else maxed or enabled.

It just feels horrid to play with 60 fps one second then dips down to 35-45 the next and that back up. During the car ride sequence the framerate plummeted to 20 fps and dropped down to 5 fps toward the end!!! VRAM usage never exceeded 6.5 GB. What's baffling is that GPU usage rarely exceeds 35% and CPU usage is similarly low at around 40-45% max yet the game struggles to maintain a rock solid 60 fps. In play the game actually feels like it is speeding up and slowing down; it's very offputting. :3eyes:

Infinite Warfare on the other hand plays great even with 150% rendering to 3840x2160. It holds 60 fps for most of the time with the odd dip during cutscenes and those annoying yellow banner Loading pauses (which really are immersion breaking, sometimes occurring just seconds after the game has finished loading the level). IW also looks much richer visually than MW and uses the hardware more fully.

So why does MW Remastered run so poorly? :bang:

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I'll probably play this game more when i get the PS4 Pro.

I enjoyed Advanced Warfare alot on the PS4, i could actually get alot of kills while i suck with controller.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm having the same performance issues with the MWR, i really don't know what's happening. Installing Infinite Warfare now, i bet it will run much better that MWR.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well the MW Multiplayer seems to run better, holding 60 fps for the majority of the time, but the game still has a weird speeding up/slowing down feel to it, particularly when running. It just feels really off.

I only assume that either the drivers (v375.76) are not suited for this game and/or that the game is poorly optimised? After all, the original MW runs with ease on current hardware and has no problems maintaining 60 fps even at 4K.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Ok, i found the cause of the issue. Disable the two cache options and enjoy butter smooth gaming.