Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, May 1, 2016.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey, I didnt call you a troll because I disagreed with your comments, I merely offered my point of view and to point out that other games are no better and even if they are at times, COD isnt trying to be real, a milsim or authentically accurate. COD is the SEGA arcade game of the fps genre.

2. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Sir Hilbert: found typo.

[​IMG]

But need enthusiast class net for 70 gb for crappy graphics game,built in crappy class engine by Richest game publisher.
    [​IMG]

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Because its my opinion.

All tha games you mentioned have a very different feel, Not just from Cod but from each other too. Wildly different.

Every single game has a different feel with its shooting.

Doom I thought was great, But TNO I hated both that and the old blood. Thought they both were horrible.

But thats my opninion, I like how cod feels. Its silly and arcadey and it know it.

The IW mp even has guns that are throw backs to the old games, The MacTav.45 is literally a ump named after Soap. If I wanted proper ballistics and bullet physics I'd be in arma.

5. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Well said. CoD, especially multiplayer has been far from realistic... for a very very long time.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I keep saying and people ignore it. All these comments of "COD is no longer COD, COD was a tactical milsim and hardcore PC shooter"...no, no it was never that.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, it's not realistic.
    But, neither is DOOM... or Wolf:TNO.

A lot of people are not asking for realistic gunplay. It's just that CoD's "feel" lacks the weight or heft to it's weapons.
    They don't feel powerful, and in turn... it detracts from the experience for a lot of people.

Some enjoy it, but.... there are plenty of people that the gunplay alone is the main reason they don't enjoy it.
    That lack of force and power.

With so many shooters these days delivering solid gunplay (DOOM, Wolf, Titanfall 2 and many more) it's slightly disappointing to see IW not do anything at all to improve the feel of CoD's gunplay.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats because theres nothing to improve. It simply works. The idea that a gun that is controlled by a mouse is somehow not realistic enough is simply a ridiculous reason to dismiss a game that is purely a pick up and play arcade shooter that takes place in tiny arenas.

If you want to get technical, the weapons in COD are mostly designed around recoil-less or minimum recoil designs.

Kinda odd that this is such a constant complaint against COD, yet question The Witcher 3s weightless combat...and oh boy. All of sudden "nothing perfect, its gets other things right, its just a game"

TF2s guns are just as if not all most identical in presentation.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Drop the shadow map resolution setting from extra to high done that will all else maxed and its a rock solid 120 here.

Odd also that the remaster has SLi but the new game does not.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I played again today, it's not that bad actually. I guess i was against 24/7 no life MLG COD players lol.

I've been away from CoD for so long, it'll take some time to get my skillzzzz back.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    AW didn't looked dated imo, i'm a bit shocked that this and BO3 looks downgraded in comparison.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Wow.. The single player in this isn't stupidly easy.. Dying in the first few scenes.. I'm almost impressed..

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    That's what I don't get about this.. It looks ok, but it's dated.. Yet.. My 1080 is using every last bit of its 8GB of VRAM...

18. kaneos

kaneos Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    Too bad Titanfall 2 is realesed between 2 juggernaut because honestly Titantfall 2 is much better than COD that turns around now for some time. With BF 1 and Titanfall 2 you are good to the FPS genre. Two style that plays well in same time.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it was using 10gb of vram in that video :infinity:

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's caching some 80 - 85% of total VRAM I believe, pretty sure some of the newer installments have done the same but it doesn't necessarily mean it's being all used but the game is reserving it for data streaming and what not. :)
    (Ghosts even had this "protection" system where it filled up RAM during multiplayer to have stuff like Cheat-Engine or injectors/trainers or well the debugger when making one having to go through more data but by simply filtering out zero filled "nothing" this wasn't very effective in the end.)

Same with some other games like Shadow of Mordor which I think was one of the earlier ones using this particular setup at 75% of total VRAM amount by default.
    (A few years ago a game using 6+ GB of video ram certainly stood out a bit.)

Starting to see more widespread use with DirectX 11 and I think it's almost a standard function of DirectX 12 and Vulkan to maximize VRAM usage but also make it more efficient.
    (So higher overall reported usage but faster data streaming and thus less fade-in or similar, ideally at least.)

EDIT: And yeah it does probably look a bit funny when you have some 12 GB Titan or similar and the game is still caching up most of that but eh it's better it's put to use I suppose. :D
    (Caching as much as is needed for the current level would probably show far lower usage but I guess it's not as easily to code.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016