1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I've found overall that BO4 (even though updates are still needed) provided more fun factor then BFV.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I haven't tried BFV yet but I just love the crap out of Black Ops 4, Yea ok different sort of games but I just find the BF series too time consuming. Now while I say that, I'm yet to crack this Blackout mode in Blops 4. Did a few random games solo and with a quad group and the results were so random and rewards nigh on non-existent. I then played the regular MP and the Nuketown playlist and some of the regular playlists and I was being showered with unlocks and rewards of some sort.

I honestly don't know how to balance Blackout for enjoyment. They could introduce a reward for staying alive but I can foresee that increasing camping and hiding but on the other hand thats sort of what the mode is now. Meh, who knows but at present I just find the mode frustrating and lame.

3. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    And that is the general experience with BO. You have to be 14 or lower, I think, or you won't rank up. So I stick with just MP until that changes to 25 or better.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

If you mean the tiers its based on time in game regardless of how you do.

Merits is more kills and high placement

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I still can’t play a single match of Hardcore Domination or HC Control to the end.
    Still the same bug. Once the final round is due to start, I get a „connection interrupted“ sign and that’s it.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I suspect you've tried most things by now but incase you haven't, heres's a pretty nifty guide on how to optimize your internet settings for a slightly better gameplay experience. A lot of the stuff is explained pretty well too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727946014

I did most things on the guide and I must say it did help a little bit, games felt less prone to lag spikes and hit detection especially in CoD felt a bit better. The good thing is as well, you can quite safely fiddle with most of the settings without causing any issues aside for maybe messing about with MTU sizes and such.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Thanks for the link. I did several things on a regular basis, and (just to be sure) double-checked all the ports for BO4.

It's weird, as I can play all the other modes (all without side changes) without issues, just as other online games or services.
    The game eine days NAT Open, everything’s green, latency is ok (30ms, used to be better with an older connection though).
    I’ll check the guide :)

9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You could also try and run the Scan and Repair tool from battle.net or just do a complete re-install if nothing else works.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR
    Now that i'm a bit burned out on BFV i went back to BO4, it feels so much better. :D

So they finally nerfed the Spitfire? it seems a bit too nerfed, i get even outgunned by a AR at close range. :(

Repo Man likes this.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Thanks. I tried repairing numerous times & reinstalled once. Didn’t change a thing.
    I’ll check the how-to from your link. I’ve done several things in the past, but maybe I overlooked something or it got damaged by an early 1809 install.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah untill you run with the Wildfire operator mod and melt everything!

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I tried some of the suggested tweaks yesterday, now I get "connection interrupted" right away :D I did see some message about servers down last night though... otherwise, perfect clue to get to the root of the problem.

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Damn! That's got me beat, it sounds like you've tried almost everything though quite often these things can turn out to be caused by something utterly silly but worst case scenario it could be a routing problem of some sort between your ISP and the servers. I recall I had that once with World of Warcraft, suddenly out of the blue the game started lagging like hell and eventually I timed out after my latency hitting something crazy like 60 000ms. A lot of people had the issue and we all posted on the forums but Blizzard refused to acknowledge there was an issue in the way the traffic was being routed... turned out it was exactly that.

In other news... anyone got any SMG tips like which ones are decent and what attachments to avoid ? Just prestiged for the 2nd time and been playing around with the MX9 as it was the only one available at low level and I fancied a change but frankly I think its a bit crap. It seems half decent at close range and when hip fired but the ADS recoil is totally nuts. I kinda like the GKS but I feel it lacks something and is shadowed by most AR's even though I've been on the receiving end of the GKS plenty of times. Messed around with the Spitfire previously but I find it a bit unreliable. Cordite and Saug are almost complete mysteries to me still as I only got the Cordite at level 4 and never even touched the Saug. Also should I even be ADS'ing against say AR's with SMG's at longer ranges or should I just alter my playstyle and push for closer range ?

The ICR-7 still feels like the best all-rounder to me out of all the weapons but the lack of an Operator Mod makes me not want to play it as I feel the Operator Mod for guns is a nifty little reward when you grind a gun to max level.

Also would be interested to know if there's any hidden drawbacks with certain attachments. I recall in BLOPS3 some attachments had certain drawbacks to them that wasn't really explained in the tooltips.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    At least there was an effect ;) I’ll check again today to see if the problem persists or not.
    If so, I’ll have a great starting point...

PS: concerning the weapons, I simply prestige all of them in BO2. The balance is great usually, you’ll just need to adapt your gameplay and/or attachments normally.
    To me, one of the biggest advantages of CoD. No matter how you want to play, there’s a way to be successful.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Blackout + MP for $30 on bnet ... PC only. If they had this day 1, I would've taken the risk despite the platform change. If anything it's giving me destiny 2 vibes when I bought it for $35 one month after PC launch last year and ended up with a game where I couldn't find matches for the crucible even if I left it searching for 5-10 minutes (and a dull campaign I couldn't complete). Anyway, still a good price if any one wants blackout for cheap I guess.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Just played a couple of rounds and I really like this game (sadly, I dig how they brought back so many BO1 maps...)

Finally, I thought I had gotten rid of my "connection interrupted" problem by turning on "large send offload". It worked fine for one round, then the next match started and my issue was back. But: The first time for me to complete a match of Domination!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I'm starting to think that the connection problem isn't as random as I thought.
    Play a round were the 2 teams seem to be seriously going at each other. Forgot the map though.
    Kill cams clearly shows some of the other team walling, etc. by their crosshairs following you through walls, the usual.
    But we were still beating them pretty good. Funny too because one guy on the other team had 2x the number of kills.
    But 3 members on my team started to triangulate him multiple times. Funny stuff.

Then all of a sudden, black screen...connection loss had to exit and log back in BO4.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Safeguard is now live on PC too since Wednesday, late to the party but been too busy playing and its a blast!

In other news Cod 4 Battle Edition is now available too for £26.99 which gives you full access to multiplayer and blackout but not the Zombie mode. The full version of the game is still on sale'ish for £39.99.

I'm totally determined to get decent in Blackout and to get on this BR-bandwagon, read some tact-tips on reddit and look forward to putting them into use, all I need now is to convince my missus to buy the game so we can do duo's in Blackout together... Domestics ahoy!

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I'm still not able to solve this network problem. So far, I've been able to finish one game, two rounds of Domnination. Just incredible.

Since I went through those tweaks again I must say the first round is always spot-on, even though (due to my ISP, will be changed within a month or so) I'm playing with a ping around 35-45. Perfect hit detection, the game feels fair and balances. Just perfect.
    But then, just after switching sides I get the flashing symbol "connection interrupted". Too bad really.