Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Mar 8, 2018.

1. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    It sucks because Black Ops series' campaigns have been amazing.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    BO3 kind of... went off the rails a little bit. But still, the series has been a high point as far as campaigns go for CoD.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Blackout is so unoptimized holy crap... had to turn down textures else i had lag spikes and so much gpu headroom left even with everything turned to very high.

Game definitely needs a fast CPU.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This will be the first Call of Duty game I won't be buying as I only ever played the single player campaign and have no interest at all in competitive online multiplayer. With this and the online multiplayer focused Fallout 76 it looks like I'll have more time to play other single player games such as RPGs and whatnot.

To be honest, Call of Duty has been average at best for a number of years now; far too scripted and linear not to mention predictable and just a bit boring. Perhaps the developers did me a favour by removing the solo campaign as now I have absolutely no reason to buy it!!! Plus Red Dead Redemption 2 is just around the corner anyway and I'm still enjoying Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

Thanks devs and Activision! :D

lucidus likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Even with those new nv drivers?

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

If thats so, I have not tried myself yet, Then its changed from BETA, That ran fine.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Running very well here.

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Played a few hours, All settings max aside from AA and no issues.

Solid 98 fps through all modes.

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Enjoying multiplayer and blackout so far. Looks like they did some optimization on the multiplayer graphics since that beta, my min frame rates have rised by about 20fps.

My main gripe so far is that you can’t have separate graphics settings for multiplayer and blackout. Blackout drops into the 30s and 40s while multiplayer is 70-144fps. I don’t want to have to change my settings every time I go back and forth.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    The new drivers fixed the issues.

I'm skipping Blackout completely, progression is extremely slow if you don't get within top 15 with a few kills.
    And i can't stand that there are 3 types of armor, you're just screwed if you don't find armor or are stuck with lvl1...

I can't enjoy games that are based on 'luck'.

BangTail likes this.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sounds like an issue they may change soon. The game won't work if people aren't motivated to play.

BangTail likes this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I'm with you on that.

I've been playing Battlefront II a lot lately, and I enjoy it, but the amount of times I hit someone multiple times and they run away only to full heal is just out of control.

And the fact that these people think they are good is even more annoying.

Why do all these games employ the same annoying mechanics when it comes to killing other players?

There shouldn't be any 'god' armor at all or it should be so abundant that everyone can find it fairly easily.

Personally, I am not a fan of high TTKs, one or two bullets, not one or two mags.

signex likes this.
  13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    maybe u should consider playing cs go, of bf5, where u can t heal behind cover

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I play Insurgency Sandstorm which has a very low TTK (and WW3 now).

I just don't understand why people such as LevelCap call games with a high TTK 'skill based'.

It should be called 'suck based' because skill has F**k all to do with it.

It's just a way to cater to casual gamers.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    ramthegamer likes this.
  15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    This game gooood!

Watched the Angry Joe review and although I generally don't decide on a game based on his opinion, the review swayed me to get this. I was heavily into BO3 and been looking for a CoD ever since then but all of the games that came out after it just had something missing. This game scratches that CoD itch perfectly.

[EDIT] I like the idea of the Blackout mode just as I like the whole Battle Royale concept but my biggest gripe with BR is that you can so easily end up hiking here, there and everywhere, arming yourself to the teeth and not fire a shot and then get sniped. This, at least for me its how it usually goes. A case of "git gud" I suppose.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The game works great and has some great content. They changed it to the better again for sure.

I do have one weird problem though: Whenver the game switches sides, I get disconnected before the final round starts. I think I've read something about this in one of the patch notes, but I can't seem to find it again.
    For now, I switched to KC which works perfectly fine. I'd prefer to play one of the objective based modes though.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
  18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Ok the patch is actually out now on PC too, its just the Nuketown map which is a 1 week exclusive on PS4. Been rockin the Hades LMG and kicking ass and taking names this morning.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Any difference concerning the numerous connection issues?

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I only played it a bit in the morning and it seemed perfectly fine unlike night before where I d/c'd after almost every match. This was in the morning though so I can't say how it is now at prime time when theres more people playing and the servers are being hammered.