Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Where did you see a time?I half expected another delay.Thanks.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    No delay at all. The usual time for anything CoD to unlock over here (and should be worldwide).
    Has been like this since CoD came to Steam.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah while it just updated it's disabled because it says I don't own the map pack errr what?I guess maybe I have to wait a while yet.Spoke too soon it's a 2 stage update one was 800MBs and the next is 5.3 GBs lol.I'm bored can't you tell no work this week.

Edit: Well not impressed only one map loads and the other three timeout connecting.Delayed a week and still mucked it up perfect.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I'm really starting to hate the video recording crap right now.

Was just in a game of TDM.... and somehow managed to ground stomp someone... and kill them.... in mid-air right after they jumped.

Unfortunately.... stupid me forgot what one had to do to save the video clip... and accidentally started a recording. Which, apparently, completely wipes out the last 15 minutes of gameplay that was being recorded, and starts a new one until you stop it again. GRRRR! Why, Sony? Why not do something LOGICAL and have it automatically SAVE the previous 15 minutes if you start to record something new? Total DERP on that one!

5. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Guys, just installed this game to record some gameplay and now it wont staer. Direct x error and apparently its the same for everyone with 144hz monitors. Tried changing to 60hz but no game. Anyone know a fix for this.

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Works fine on my 144hz...

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thread resurrection in 3... 2... 1...

Bought this from sale and very much enjoying it, first COD game since MW3 for me (which was very meh...).

So what's the deal with the alleged memory leak?
    Because the game certainly seems to behave like there's one, some parts start stuttering for no apparent reason and quitting and restarting for example seems to fix this.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Yeah it's weird, had the same thing back then.

It runs and looks surprisingly better then BO3 does.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Did some monitoring and sure enough, the game consumes (almost) all available VRAM immediately, even if the "fill up available memory with textures" setting is Off.

Have the shader caching enabled though and 2xSSAA (1080p). The VRAM usage seems to stick around 5700 - 5800 MB mark for me (6 GB total VRAM).
    The stutters could've been due to me changing settings back and forth in-game.

Yeah, this game looks very good! Plus Kevin Spacey is a plus, lols. I think he is one of the most versatile/credible actors out there.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The game (Or game engine.) will cache I think it's 90% of your total VRAM so if you have a lot the game will use a lot basically.
    (I think it does the same with system RAM.)

Unsure if this technique has any noticeable benefits, maybe less hitching as cached data doesn't need to be swapped in and out as often?
    (Shadow of Mordor is about the only other game I know which is confirmed to use a similar RAM/VRAM cache but that game also uses a lot of memory on it's own.)

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    This vram pre-allocation started since COD Ghosts, all other newer COD's look imo the same as Ghosts (shading wise) and use same vram technique (BO3 included).

On my old 780GTX COD Ghosts would eat all 3GB @ 4xmsaa while running ok, same thing now with 980Ti it eats almost whole 6GB, it stops ~ 5.9GB.

Although it can still "stream stutter" sometimes, but the thing is it seems to be net related, I get much worse gameplay @ night time 23h or 2h in the morning then lets say at 16 -20h afternoon - none.

Try to play the game earlier in the day so it couples you with more EU players, anyone from USA as the host can cause such stutters while running across the map.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ ok, thanks!

Played SP campaign only so far, but may give MP a try too. I'm not really into these kind of fragfests though, lols.

Probably because the first time I tried (Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament iirc) the controls got messed up and I couldn't shoot at all for some reason.
    Painful memory, haunts me still... :D