Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Official blurb and first screenshots...

2. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So men on steroids using exoskeletons -_-, that last screen and them blood veins about to explode lol

I bet they shoved in that dude Kevin Spacey just so it "looks" better, hey we got a real actor in, so it will be great. Right.. xD

4. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Well ... at least they got a real world camo pattern looking accurate (Kryptek Typhon).

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Anyone know where I might be able to find the track at the beginning of the trailer. It's called Draconian Dream by Audiomachine. Looked all over the Internet for, but no luck :(

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, as far as trailers go, it's actually decent, that is of course 99% thanks to Kevin Spacey. But even his voice won't be able to redeem the CoD franchise in its current state lol, but it will sell... oh boy it will sell, again. :D

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It really depends. If they don't make the same mistakes like IW did, or simply not as many, the game will shoot right back on track. Maybe even higher than it would have without such a fail, as many people will be "hungry" for something that actually works.

My bet for the "next best thing" would surely be Treyarch, but maybe these guys are good for a surprise nevertheless.

9. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Those blood veins are pretty cool and accurate. Some people have em that way and some don't. When you are hitting the gym on daily basis, they will start to become more visible, and stay there as you continue working out. My veins are not that good, but they are close enough. Basically, you can get all that without steroids ;)

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How is it that every gfx update they give that engine, somehow manages to make it still look so avg.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Watched the trailer, first thing I thought was "So... they are ripping off Matt Damon in Elysium?"

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's all genetics, in order to have such vascularity you have to be with as little % bodyfat as possible and of course have visible veins gene as well, working out is a bonus. I know people that are lean but don't have such pumped veins. Even if we're looking at bodybuilders you can see that some are a LOT "veinier" than others, to the point that it distracts you from they're muscles, even though all are on steroids. :)

But if we're talking about future super soldiers in exoskeletons, we can safley bet they are also on steroids. :p

13. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I never played Ghost, I was tempted to buy it because the last COD I played was MW2, which I hated, but I loved COD4. After watching my friend play the laughable tank mission and space station assault mission. I decided against it. All COD's have a great marketing department, they almost convinced me that Ghosts was a new engine with their trailers.

After playing Crysis again a few weeks ago. Now I remember why I hate COD games so much as they treat the player as a moron or 12 year old boy who is not allowed to use his brain to get through the game. The spam enemy grind fest of increased difficulty is not appealing as well and not considered a real challenge.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think they never had "more" enemies on higher difficulties, they'll just hit you sooner and more exact.
    Far Cry 1 was different, Crysis 1 to a certain extent, but 2 for example? You'd go from one "arena" to the next, not exactly spectacular either.

CoD MP has a formula and CoD SP has one too.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well whatever there doing, I won't be buying unless they implement 3rd person team tactical.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope in MP it isn't dominated by SMGs ... that was my chief complaint against BO2.

WTF .. thread is still called Patriots lol.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I hated Ghosts, it was shiit, but this looks pretty darn good.

Atleast the graphics look alot better now.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dunno about graphics, it looks more like they actually used some colour other than grey and brown to me :p

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I don't see how the graphics look "a lot" better in this compared to Ghosts.
    Other then using more depth of field and motion blur, maybe a bit more color in the environments... it looks a lot like Ghosts.

Which visually, I don't care. That's far from being Call of Duty's issue right now. But, Activision can't see that.
    They think if they make the graphics shiny and such... everyone will love the game. Ignoring the fact that the gameplay and story telling/character are crap.