1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    you know what bothers me about CoD lately are the guns. they are so boring. they have like 0 recoil and seem so dull and lifeless while shooting. kinda stupid you can just unload a full magazine in full auto with pinpoint accuracy.

2. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    played some more and holy mama this game is really great, the action pace and general attention to detail really add to the experience, the story is not bad at all, the graphics also at times are impressive despite some generic textures here and there, the animations are well done and ragdoll'ish which is always a plus in my book.

really diggin' the game, actually now that i think about it 60$ for this kind of SP experience was well worth it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Quote from Treyarch:

"Hello World. We're here, working. We will patch all platforms, as always. I'll have info of substance once we catch our breath."

Lets just see if the patch isnt more fail and actually sorts out this gash frame rate issue aswell as lag/stuttering.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I like this cod the most because it has mixture of modern and ww2 missions.btw the little fix it in the cfg files worked for me I don't really feel the stutters anymore but the gpu usages is still very low.

6. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Come to think of it logically, the stuttering and all that might not be due to a cpu issue....

From the test iv just ran, i think the issue is (for me atleast) that the gpu is hardly being used (less than 30% usage) which is causing huge cpu spikes (right up to 100 cpu usage) which is making it use even more RAM than it should be, which is causing ridiculous amounts of stuttering and could cause lag online......

Iv no idea if this is actually the case, but it sure as hell seems like it because im using pretty much ALL 4GB of RAM while this game is open with nothing else running.

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
  8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX570 oc'd
    good, they better be. I cant wait to play mp properly :D

9. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Lol I had to post it :D

That controllable gunner heli is insane!

[​IMG]

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    people with lag issues, the default mp config has crappy rates and no multicore optimization. back up your cfg and modify these entries (make sure to set cfg to read only). it helps, but it doesnt fix the low gpu utilization% so if you're having really bad stuttering, ya gotta wait for the patch i guess. mine is maxed out and only hitches when map loads, or spy planes and attack choppers are BOTH out

also the game autodetects hardware wrong, check your keys here, mine were off

seta sys_configureGHz
    seta sys_sysMB

i agree, you can tell treyarch put effort into it. ive unlocked some guns and equip so far - using silenced mac11/ak74u with the tomahawk (im serious), some flashes, and lightweight and marathon perks makes for a very dangerous scout!! although famas w/ acog, semtex and claymores w/ the penetration buff is crazy too. i created this second config because i kept getting countered by those things (individually) as scout...but then you have many other things to worry about, like tubes, smgs, snipers...etc etc

i just wish they would make the knifing like counterstrike (srsly), and the ballistic knives are a little retarded.. but ill deal with it

11. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ye I heard that the stuttering may be mainly because:
    • multicore is disabled by default
    • autodetection is wrong
    • the game just somehow hates Intel processors

Are there any AMD gamers with the stuttering issue?

deltatux

12. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    I personally wouldn't go altering your .cfg files just yet...
    I found a work around that seemed to work for me.
    First make sure you disable steam cloud sync. Then while the game is running, minimize the game and run task manager. Go to processes, go to blackops.exe and set priority to high. Also go to steam.exe and set priority to very low, also the same for the steamoverlay.
    This made the game more playable for me, but can't guarantee it will work for everyone.

13. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Altering those dets doesnt do anything, atleast not for me.... made no impact on performance whatso ever... and setting exe priority doesnt do anything either.

i just played through both zombies and story for like 15 mins each on highest settings... performance was exactly the same as it was when it was all on lowest dets.

GPU usage again didnt go above 37.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Then you will like Black ops. Lot more recoil and "skill" involved than MW2. MW2 was an arcade shooter compared.

15. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hey every time i save after a check point and quit the entire game the save point is gone and i have to replay the entire stage again. What's going on?

16. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    my legit cod copy runs 100% smooth, i bet these laggy players are using priate copies LOL. reading the torrent comments shows 90% of players have lag problem.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    ? There's still no recoil, I'm about 3 hours into SP and have not had any recoil on any guns, not even RPGs.

The sounds are pretty weak and generic, also, no power behind them.

18. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    *cough* RPGs don't need recoil. They're single shot. *cough*

Hey guys, does this game use much tessellation?

19. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    *cough* Tessellation is DX11 only *cough*

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol, I mean there is no shaking from an RPG, you fire it and your guy doesn't even react. :p

No guns have recoil as far as I've seen. Really disappointing, there is no point in going single shot or burst, they all hit, there is like 0-spread, like I said, it's one of those arcade games where you hold a gun and just shoot what pops up on screen.