1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Not exactly the same graphics but still the same engine, yes. Why another CoD after 4? Well, different maps, weapons, smaller other changes. I must admit I like all of them, each for something different but they all share the same positive aspects.
    If they re-did older maps for the newer titles for free I'd be all happy :D

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I have two important questions, if someone would please answer, as this will affect my decision to purchase it.

1.Is you online MP stats saved online? I hated the fact that everytime I reinstalled WaW I had to start from scratch.

2.Those having performance issues, does it affect SP as well as MP?

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

none of the changes you mentioned justify a new game at full retail price.

4. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    So I always have 90 fps (seems like the unvsync max?). But sometimes there is a small small stuttering. It's so goddamn annoying. They need to fix that. Sometimes you shoot someone BAM stuterring FAIL

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    im the only one who thinks that the same team its developing every cod game and they get a new contract each year with IW/Treyarch?. And they do that so they say "2years development". The games are the same from COD4 to COD7 (except COD5 which was the same with different weapons).

6. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    well played the first 3 levels...

pretty much average in singleplayer.

The usual CoD- run/gun/run/gun follow the linear trail and shoot a million bad guys.

I'm just gonna play it through so I can say I have and then yard it.

7. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX570 oc'd
    i got kicked few times because these admins must be some kind of under 20 year old kids who cant stand being pwnd

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i can answer the 2nd one, yes it does affect MP and SP, at least based on what most people here and around the net has been saying (complaints). ;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, seriously, the SP is decent, nothing amazing. Just enemies feel like paper...you shoot like a few hundred every level...this is supposed to be Black Ops...you're not a soldier.

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Thank you good sir, you're a gentleman & a scholar.

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    np, there are a few things you can do if you really want this game .. the options are:

1) take your chances and buy the game now, you won't know until you try it on your pc anyway, not all pc's are equal.

2) wait until the price drops then buy it (if you can resist for a while)

3) pirate the game and play it for 15-30 minutes, think of it as a demo, if it works well, buy the game, if it doesn't, uninstall it and delete the image.

i do not condone piracy or encourage it but this option in very selected cases where uncertainty is high can be useful.

of course you're free to decide the best course of action. :)

4) do nothing and save your money for something else.

12. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The singleplayer blew my mind. I'm only on the Vietnam part, and its one of the best COD SP campaigns ever,

As for the MP, I keep getting lag and stutters, and after you play for a certain amount of time, the game freezes. (Its a memory leak)

13. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ummm, wut? Black Ops operatives are suppose to be elite soldiers dropped behind enemy lines to do these operations... they won't find civvies to do this work...

deltatux

14. DoKeR

DoKeR Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 770
    I didn't see lag like this in a long time ! had some fun yesterday but today is unplayable for me

playercount goes up together with ping it seems :bang:

I don't like the singleplayer because there's hardly any playing involved just like the previous 2 cod's. you go from one cinematic scene to the next without much play or even the ability to look around and in between there's some quick shooting here and there :3eyes: Like a beautifull demo to see what your gpu can do and nothing more

15. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Sounds like some of my past experiences with this series. Glad now I didn't purchase this game on release.

16. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Is the lag spike issue (with the ultra high CPU usage and low GPU usage) still in existence or has it been quite resolved?

deltatux

17. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Nope it doesnt look like its been fixed whatso ever yet, and most of these "fix" solutions are bullsh**

Im not even getting a stable fps on lowest settings for christ sake, i even went as far as recording the gameplay and whacking it on youtube...... fps goes up and down more than a yoyo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFSA_176tI

18. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Needs the problems solved before I even consider breaking my COD embargo...

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Singleplayer is the best COD SP in my opinion. It gets better and better. The last few missions were intense.

Multiplayer is the best out of the COD series. It's what I liked from Modern Warfare mixed with what I liked on COD2, but without all the crap I didn't like from both. It's superiorly balanced in almost every way. Every "OP/Annoying" thing from Modern Warfare has a good counter in Black Ops. Claymores? Use the "Hacker" perk. Tired of grenades/tubes? Use the flak armor. I have yet to get annoyed by anything... well, knifing is still a bit silly, but it isn't too bad so far.

This is ignoring the lag of course. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, and everyone will forget about it.

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have faith in treyarch, they did a great job with world at war imo. after they get these issues fixed this game will be great! now to try and patiently wait for a patch ...