Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i want the main character to be based on Epic Beard Man!

[​IMG]

IMO Dice and IW should thank the US gov for putting their nose into every war, thanks to them they can milk the american history dry of money!
    and teach europeans an important history lesson: i can't remember what it is since with every new game it keeps changing

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    It would be awesome if they did let you play both sides of the conflict and kept it as real as possible, we know that in the Vietnam war the allied side, burnt villages, fought an enemy army that had children and women amongst their ranks, used napalm and other horrifying incendiaries; the VC would send in recon fighters to kill allies as they slept, using knives, suicide bombers, bodily and vehicular were common. I mean they could make a truly gruesome yet awesome single player game.

The multiplayer could be equally great.

As for bots, leave them out of any game, if you can't take playing with real people and winning/losing against them your socially inept.

3. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    So, basically, you don't like to play PC games at all then?

I hated World At War, the sounds were aweful and it played terribly. I can't stomach it for more than five minutes and I haven't touched the game since release.

COD IV still is the unbeaten champion of COD MP, with over 9000 servers on XFire. Last time I checked COD V had less than half and VI is faring no better, considering there're no dedicated server and AFail have totally ****ed the game up for the PC platform.

4. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Well, so far the lesson has been in every single COD game: Russia won WWII. It's the correct lesson but I found your comment funny.

COD IV was funny too, some Middle Eastern city goes boom after 'intervention'.

5. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    I am really glad to hear that. CODs are my favorite series all of them. I loved SP and also MP even the last one despite so many problems with connections. The Spec Ops missions are super. I played with my friend from Russia and we have a blast every weekend.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    when have COD's ever had good single player? they are decent, but extremely short, so yes, unless it has dedicated servers, the single player will suck, aswell

7. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    MW2 was a great game for me.I has a movie like story and gameplay thats easy to adapt to.I didnt like the game,i loved it!
    I understand that some people dont like it.I dont like ARMA2!
    As for Vietnam theme,well,just about every game that i've played that had something to do with Vietnam sucked.So i dont like the idea.But,well see.
    It would far better if it had something to do with Afghanistan or Iraq.

8. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    COD 1 and 2 had great single player, not sure what games you were playing. Since them COD has went to the mulit player tards and ignored how good a single player game could be. I still play COD 1 and 2 from time to time, great games.

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I often don't play shooters online simply because pings are horribly annoying. Of course I've found it doesn't really matter in games like COD, but playing something like UT3 DM online with even the tiniest of pings is intolerable, so bots on some of the harder difficulties have always been funner IMO.

10. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    The thing is that with bots your the only human player, it doesn't take long to figure out what the shortcoming of the bots are and work around it.

I still play some TFC now and then and there are a couple of servers where it is a human team against a bot team, the bot team never wins, ever. The bots have deadly accuracy, they usually have a full team of 16 and the humans sometimes as low as 6 players and they never win.

Edit, bots are useful for practicing, its just people who say they buy a game but don't play the multiplayer part, they are missing out on what could be the best part of the game.

Anyways this about a new COD game, I would like to see it get real dirty and gritty.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010

11. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    The MW series and Infinity Ward :puke2: are dead to the PC in my opinion. :biggun:

If Trayfart dev's this title with a new engine; give us dedicated servers and mod support I would consider purchasing.

Most likely they will be using the old ass out dated engine since it is being released so soon.

The new Medal of Honor looks good from the vids and screen shots I have seen.

12. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Did my post describe any game except CoD?

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Amen brovva. Thats really what it comes down to in the end. CoD4ModernFiasco2 is gonna be remembered as just that, a multiplayer fiasco.

14. DeadlyDevil666

DeadlyDevil666 Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX / Palit / 512mb
    Time for another $60 less features console port! :D

15. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Time for another game based on an engine made in 2005 which is xbox friendly! yay!

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I wonder when some developer will make the game: "Six Days of War".?

To be honest, the 1967 Israeli-Arab "Six Day War" seems like the perfect setting for a game. It has desert combat in the south, mountain and forest combat in the north and urban combat in the east.

17. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    I doubt they ever will. The Six Days War is way too obscure for there to be any interest in it in the big gaming markets.

The Vietnam War may be relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's a big deal in America.

18. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I think the reason most of us remember it is because of all the movies made about it otherwise I think it would rank about where the Korean war and the Spanish-American war are for most people (and the fact we lost lol)

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    If the the americans never heard of it, it will not happen
    They will never make the story about some isolated conflict, rather than that they will focus on a world famous war, i would love to have a Mogadishu war, the one in 1992 especially. But we don't get that, all we got was an ancient Delta Force game...
    However we get moder warfare in present day but they do not focus on this kind of wars, rather made up fictional conflicts

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Great management. :thumbup: /sarcasm

Even though I liked/enjoyed the SP mode of all previous CoDs, I have to agree that they were getting more and more like peter_molyneux described earlier: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3478033&postcount=26

I hope this one is a bit more like the first two parts but somehow I'm having a bad feeling about CoD 7. Everything'll be the same - just different textures. :frown: