1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Johnny316

Johnny316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DCII
    About 2 hours and then I will be getting ready to fly out the door for midnight opening for my copy. :p

Grainger games ftw :)

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just been playing the single player for an hour... it's not bad... very frantic and over-the-top but the setting aside it isn't hugely different from the previous two games. Graphics are good but not exceptional and it runs well although the game clearly isn't optimised yet for CFX. Apart from some stuttery videos and audio dropout, the game is running well. Zombies is fun and I briefly tried the multiplayer practice mode with two levels. Not bad but you know exactly what to expect from a Call of Duty game so they are no surprises here, just a solid shooter. Plays well with the Xbox 360 controller too! :D

3. Johnny316

Johnny316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DCII
    I just got home with my copy, but had to turn away cause some a-hole was playing the main intro and 1st mission lol.

Bloody pissing it down in Hull aswell, so I got my ass soaked heh. Anyways glad that the Xbox controller works good with it. :)

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    so is it on steam being released in the US at 12 am or they gonna make us wait till 9 am

5. The Monkey Frog

The Monkey Frog Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 9600GT 512MB
    Disappointed at the Australian price of the game on steam though.

$89.99

Can't buy it off D2D over here either, disappointed :(

6. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i'll be leeching off ms. torrent before i decide to buy for mp

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well, never heard of Gamekult, but it is a COD game, so I didn't expect much.

9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    So my friend is playing the PC version ATM and he's loving it, he says the game itself is really awesome but there's some major problems, there's a glitch that's causing 100% CPU usage which is making the game like a slideshow for many people, the servers are also extremely laggy right now. Both problems are easily fixed, so lets hope they get it sorted today. He said right now he'd give the game a 7/10 but if they fix these issues it would be a 9/10.

I should be getting my copy fairly soon, PF start delivering at 7am and I'm not too far from the depot.

10. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Never heard of Gamekult either.. but
    ~9/10 is what I'm expecting from more "respected" review sites.

11. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    Same here :/

12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well let us be honest, these games come out yearly and are 80% the same. It's frustrating they are often the highest rated.

I'd love if this somehow got like 40% on Metacritic. It'd certainly hurt the franchise. Maybe then they'd try to be more original with their next game.

How about a Revolutionary War game? Only played one good one, and that was a mod,d Battlegrounds, imagine a full blown retail game with that gameplay, and retail quality? Oh man, imagine COD over-the top moments, like slow-mo Bayonet stabbings, lmao.

It'd be like that Robot Chicken 1776 parody. That, I would buy in an instant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY

13. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    Im pretty sure you can download it from D2D in AUS coz I have although i havnt installed it yet I might have been stooged and it doesnt work but yeah i purchased and downloaded it last night. havnt had time to install and play though.

14. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Appreciate your brief yet handy review.. knowing this I won't go out of my way to grab this game and will wait till its cheaper if I need a good shooter fix.
    Plenty of other games to play, I was only considering playing this one if it brought something more new to the table and even if it looked a bit better or added more dimensions to it.. sounds like its more of the same ol.

16. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    I think Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad will be it.
    But I still like to have a good "casual" shooter. So I don't really mind the COD franchise.
    Of course it would be great to see more Red Orchestra or Original battlefield like shooters, done as AAA titles.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    RO:HoS looks alright, the first was kinda meh, this one looks worlds better, they fixed the broken shooting mechanics of the first one, so yeah.

I don't think it'll be that popular to be honest. People really aren't into the whole realistic shooter thing. Most "realistic" shooters have a online community of under 1000 people, compared to ones with 100,000, like CS, or COD, so really, they're 100x less popular.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    1 hour to unlock..lame..i need to go office :/

19. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    My game is at the depot, which is about 30 minutes from my house and they start delivering in 2 minutes, I wonder how long it'll actually take, I'm guessing 2 - 3 hours from now.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Game is released now, currently decrypting. :)