Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, someone has to pay for it. A dedicated server that has to share my crippled line with me doesn't help me much nor does it improve the situation compared to MW2.
    If I now rent a dedicated server that sits just above one of the main network nodes of my country, I do get said improvement.
    Some friends and myself have had a server rented for years now. You're right, with CoD 4 for example we were able to put whatever we wanted onto it. Now we'll have to split that but at least there's the option to have one.
    No matter how you flip it, the situation improves compared to playing MW2 ;)

2. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/106&ch=1&sd=0?ep=106&ch=1&sd=0

BO just looks more & more impressive every time I see it. I'm a pure MP player but I have to say the campaign looks extremely cool and I might just have to give it a go this time around.

The new MP footage was great, albeit a little sparse, I absolutely love the design direction they've taken with this game, the maps look fantastic.

24 days to go and I couldn't be more hyped, this looks to be the CoD we've all been waiting for, soon the abortion that was MW2 will be forgotten forever.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The abortion?? lol

4. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Still not going to help me or the people here who want to play the game. I see absolutely no reason for anyone to buy it here, because MP servers won't be available. If I get this game it'll be with a guide on how to connect to hacked Chinese servers because playing with a ping of 500 is impossible.

But this is just catering to the console crowd, again. The PC is being overlooked in favour of console kiddies who don't know any better. Whether it's right or wrong isn't something I care to discuss but, at the end of the day, it won't help sales here.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    True, but you're also in a part of the world Activision isn't the best friend with. I also guess that you wouldn't have been happier with p2p services, right?
    These companies have one thing in mind and that's profit. They concentrate on those markets that seem to have the best revenue. We can already be happy that the PC is still being considered "valuable".

6. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    These companies can leave the PC market for all I care, unless you're dying to play games like RA3 (what a horrible **** that was). COD 3 was on consoles and isn't being missed. COD IV was a grand success on the PC, with COD V being a disaster. COD VI is a fantastic success on consoles but couldn't fail less on the PC. For every company 'leaving' the PC market there're others willing to take their place.

In fact, one of the greatest successes of the past few years is Witcher. Made by unknown developers and an unknown studio the game sold 1.5m copies. Crysis also sold 1.5m copies and is classed as a failure. Paying for a torture test that starts somewhat normal (North Koreans WTF?) and then descends into some alien shooter isn't what people are willing to pay for, regardless of hype.

Also saying that you'd rather have developers release third rate, beta stage, ports that have no option and require the editting of some .ini file for the game to become playable is pretty daft. It's like saying you're happy with the Lada you're driving because at least it's something. You might appreciate attempting to play a port but I don't and I don't have the patience to do what the developers should have done.

As for Kotick: the man is a genius, he knows how to milk cows. But I can't wait to see how long it'll take him to destroy D3 (SCII isn't nearly as good as SCI) and WoW.

7. Nano2k

Nano2k Active Member

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    In my opinion, Activision has the goods and we have to pay if we want to play, that's the deal. What can we do about it? It's not because a fringe group of gamers boycott the game that they are going to change their ways.

As Radical says at least they are giving us something more than last time.

To me BC2 is such a piece of junk that MW2 could cost 50$ a month to play it's so much better.

We can rant all we want, there are enough people buying the game to make Activision feel they are doing the right thing and looking at what the competition can do EA/Dice they have good days in front of them...

Yes the automatic match making of MW2 sucks, the hackers suck, no kick sucks, but boy is the game a rush to play!

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @liranan: Well, I wouldn't take *everything* just to have *something*. But if a game for example works and I can make it better, if I want to, by editing some files, well... yes I'm happy with that. Some games have missing options in game but feature them in their config files. If a game, like Darksiders for example, doesn't have available settings in game and outside the game then I'm not happy with that.

I'm too much of a realist to hope for products like they used to be. Products that lasted long, had a great quality and so on. You don't get that stuff anymore. I will keep supporting companies that make quality products but I won't skip everything that doesn't excel my standards.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    New leaked CTF Gameplay from Leakerz:

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3682619.html?v=e7fa26cd612b7f78fbf2ccac71e2b0fd&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

EDIT: O MY GOD... someone actually GOT the game already! FULL original game, i looked up hes gamertag and it's real, he got already 10 achievements, here is hes gamertag: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Mikedamak
    seriously cmon this aint fair, i've never been so hyped of a game then black ops and he got it a month earlier :bang::bang:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  10. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    at 3:00 what did he say? "my Vietnam went..."

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    developer team member maybe?

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    No, but somehow they've got it earlier. I've heard there are more ppl having the retail copy.

13. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Black Ops singleplayer sure looks nice... but am I the only person who thinks that the MP looks ****ing stupid with the points flashing, buzzkills and all other ****? Personally I'd want more "believeable" multiplayer map scenarios with actual objectives (not like in BF with caches and flags) :|

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    As always, if you enable hardcore mode all the flashy stuff goes away. I'm fine with modes like headquarters, s&d or demolition. CTF looks a bit odd, just like sabotage. I don't like those two.

15. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Anyone else hope they get rid of the little hit markers when you shoot someone, its not too bad on BC2, but when every gun can shoot through solid concrete in MW and MW2 it's a bit annoying.

16. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They could/should remove it for the hardcore mode. I hate it when someone finds you just by spraying a wall over and over with an LMG. Or combine it with something like cold blooded pro ;)

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah man well said, improving..i think we gonna rent a server too with friends..maybe.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Definitely :D Not only to have a direct option against hackers but also to mix the game modes just the way you like it :) I always loved to have my own rotation with hq, s&d, tdm and even ffa once in a while. I enjoyed playing MoH with my friends on a small server but what I'm really looking forward to is BO.

20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I laughed so hard when you said mw2 mp is better the bc2 mp but the mw2 sp better then the bc2 sp.I preorderd this game for the sp and not going to care too much for the mp.the mp in mw2 is a joke and takes no skill to get kills and bc2 takes practice and wont let you just run around on a killing spree like the mp in mw2.

But the sp in Black ops looks pretty cool and the fact that they have the game's story based in the cold war era will make the sp even better the the mw2 sp.