call of duty 5 PC online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by centurie, Feb 9, 2009.

1. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    i have this game for the pc and for the playstation 3 and to me the online multiplayer for the console is far more balanced...i think its stupid that the pc version has the same size maps and rules regarding arty strikes and dogs.

i tried to play a few games today on the pc but it was just a mess arty and dogs going off every couple of minutes,its just not fun to play at all, where as the console version is much more relaxed and fun.

there is no tactics involved online for the pc version,its just running around like headless chickens shooting at anything that moves..granted you do have one or two maps large enough to accomodate 50 people but most is just a mess.

i do hope they will change the rules for arty and dogs in a patch or something,like for instance 10 kill streak needed for arty and 7 for dogs, these small maps with all these people it makes the game not fun for me , what do you think??

just so you know i always come in the top 5 in online play for the pc so its not because i suck at this game. its just the game rules and maps don't allow for a good online experiance.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I couldn't disagree more. I don't know what mode you play but team deathmatch is very well balanced and the maps are perfectly sized for 20-30 players. I've been playing since day one have done prestige mode three times and have zero complaints.

3. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    Sometimes I prefer a manic fight with loads of people, then other times I pick a server with no more than 20 people. Both require different tactics and weapons. More machine guns (unless it is a large map) for 30+ people. Then more rifles for less people.

4. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    I could do without the dogs. But if the arty and dogs weren't there then the game would be just like playing cod2

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    COD4 60 player server FTW!!!

6. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    ey wats actually more popular? cod5 multi or cod4?

7. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

I think I will agree. And in Cod4 there are way to many airstrikes and helis.
    And that stupid uav nonsense ruins any chance of using stratigy. Both games are just run-and-gun.

8. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    All of the maps in CoD games are too small. Once you get over 12 people on the larger maps, it just becomes boring. They need to open the maps up like in the Novalogic games.

9. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI

maor skill = more dogs and more arty ... simple maths really

Also, COD5 isn't out yet... I think you are talking about CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR... there is no 5 on the box... 5 will be out at the end of this year.

10. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Call of duty modern warfair 2.

11. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    World at War's PC's pretty boring IMHO, never found anyone with close to my talent/skill

always ending up with huge kill spree before anyone figures out I'm not moving/being killed where I'm standing

12. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Well la ti friggin da:)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  13. gekkehenkie

gekkehenkie Member

GPU:
    nvidia geforce 9800gtx+
    i played waw only single player, so i cant say much about mp, but cod4 i play daily.
    (or i used to b4 i got conn. interupted all the time -.-)
    on airs/choppers/skill, choppers can be tken down quickly with good teamwork.
    airs can be dodged pretty good most of the time, but the question is, if, you want nice tactical gaming: why are you not in a clan with people thinking the same like you?
    why?
    because if you have a team, that really plays tactical, there will be no airstrikes, choppers or uav ( uav can also be outwitted with uav jammer and a silenced gun) , or there will be significantly less!
    the only thing thats wrong with pc gaming atm, is cheats, which enables noobs to run around headless and kill u without skill..
    further its a great game, well balanced and incredibly fast paced, compared to the rest of the shooters out there..
    if you want quiet gameplay, go to max 16 players s/d servers, and camp like the rest.
    or make a server with some friends etc.
    use your mind and u will find the perfect way to play the game for you:
    eg: if you make your own server, or search around on the net, you will find servers that, have no choppers/air, take out lots of perks, u can play hardcore, which is more realistic, play promod, of which latest version is without nades, u can use scripts (or be @ server where they are used) to spawn protect from air, nades and nadelaunchers etc, etc. etc.
    some of you guys say your skills are unmatched: play clanbase, or go to random promod server and come back here to say that again ^^

14. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    LoL game was working great installed the new patch .. sound gone :puke2:

15. gekkehenkie

gekkehenkie Member

GPU:
    nvidia geforce 9800gtx+

CoD:WW v1.2 has a sound issue with Vista. To work around this issue, Vista users are asked to lower the quality to 16bit 44,100mhz. As well, you might want to change your mic and if you are an Admin and have VOIP (e.g. TeamSpeak) channels, make sure they are running the 16 bit codecs.

16. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    Perhaps they will skip to 6. They did that when they went from 2 to 4. Even though the big red one was clearly labelled 2.

17. Havokie

Havokie Master Guru

GPU:
    4890 Vapor-X 950/1150
    I hate the way the dogs seem to be made of reinforced steel. You have to hit them 2 or 3 times to kill them. I hit a dog blank point with a rifle shot and he stopped for about a split second and then with one nimble flick of his paw killed me.

The dog system is just pathetic - they take unrealistic damage and kill in the stupidest way possible i.e if they touch you, you just die.

Arty is fine though. Don't mind that at all.