Call of Duty 4 (PC) Had a stat reset....lost all data. ;[

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by genecrazy, Jun 4, 2009.

1. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

I was wondering if it was possible if someone can send me a copy of your COD 4 profile.

I reinstalled my OS, but when i went to run COD 4, all of my multiplayer data got reset, and now im back to level 1.

It hasn't done this before when i reinstalled windows, so thats why I never made a backup.

but yeah, if any of you gurus already have a level 55 character, would you mind sending me a copy of the profile?

thanks

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    ??

you always need to back it up

so theres something not right and im only level 30

cause i never backed up lol

3. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

4. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Yeah, going with a locally-stored solution for stats/scores kind of let multiplayer down a bit in CoD4. There's the fact that it doesn't mean anything to be lvl 55 since no one can know if you got there honestly, apart those who've followed your progress (such as friends) -- but that leaves out the millions of other players. It's also an annoyance due to the fact that all the time you've put into your account, if you didn't cheat, could get easily lost if your HD fails. Or even if you lose access to that data through a virus or something, and have to format with no possibility of making a backup. Of course, I don't remember the game recommending people to back up their local data, and even though I always did, I don't think a lot of people are so weary.

But it was a cheaper solution than having a website that tracks player stats, so wahay!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i find it extremely impossible that it hasn't happened before when you reformatted, unless you didn't reformat, and actually reinstalled like you said, because if you had reformatted before, that'd mean that you erased the file, and there'd be no possible way you would have just installed COD4 and had level 55 without replacing files...

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Achieving lv55 in cod4/waw means nothing anyway so I say hack at will.

7. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I always wondered why so many people who are lvl 55 suck so bad at COD 4. Now I know. See you on KTFO 1. My tag is "Sickboy". I'll be the guy with 40 or 50 kills and 6 or 7 deaths. You'll be the one complaining about lag and accusing someone of hacking everytime you die.

ElFishoIII=FAIL

8. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    You'll be the one that everyone wants to kill!

FAIL

If you install your OS and games in separate partitions, then remember to backup your application profiles and save games you can sometimes avoid this problem. But then you may have to backup the Games for Windows Live profile and may also need to export some registry keys for GFWLive titles.

It was so much easier when all you needed to do was backup the Save folder.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just hack it, i lost my legal lvl55 once and hacked it, mainlly bcs friends werent like waiting me xD.