Call of Duty 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So the game sits at pretty much 35GB.

I was a bit worried when I read 70GB...

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Argh, pisses me off when that happens, anyone here know exactly why this can occur?

As in the download resetting.

3. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah what the hell is that all about, same here, bloody annoying

4. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I got lucky. its all working for me.

All we need now is to be able to disable this ****y background music like we done in MW3

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

@Sharky

Those screenshots still show poor lighting, in those instances I think improved lighting would improve the game immensely. For the actual graphics, it's not so much that they look flat, but they look lifeless. Going back to the screenshot I linked earlier (from Nvidia mind you), the game looked archaeic, the textures there do look completely flat and lifeless. Also, the lighting is also 'off', and I'm still not sure whether that guy on the left is slightly crouching (which would make sense), or jumping for no apparent reason (which it looks like by what's around the feet, as if he is floating above the ground, and the shadow).

Sure, we don't expect miracles from it, but in some ways MW3, BO2 etc were better (graphics weren't so lifeless, and lighting seemed better albeit not perfect).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    What an amazing launch. No one can play either because of 4GB of RAM or having to re-download the preload. My mate actually managed to get on and there's only 4000 people playing which is laughable.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The game actually stops you from running it if you don't have a minimum of 6GB of ram??

My brother only has 4GB... Guess I'll lend him a spare 2GB so he has 6GB... but it's not the same brand.. mmm.. I hope this works :/

Why does it need minimum or 6GB?

Well... My spare ram doesn't work in his motherboard.. just great..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i was thinking of buying it, for those who play COD Ghost is it any good? step up from BLOP2?

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Considering it's almost 2014, I don't see it as a reasonable expectation that people wanting to play the latest, high-end titles should run anything less than 8 GB :). You can't move forward if you're stuck in the past.

The 6 GB minimum is because that is what developers expect people to have these days, especially since going from 4 GB to 8 GB doesn't really cost much. More importantly with 4 GB you don't have 4 GB usable for the game, you really only have 2GB or so.

Paging is the big issue with such little RAM, gameplay may be affected. I know people have been saying they can run BF3 and BF4 perfectly fine on 4GB of RAM (or so they say), but that doesn't mean they aren't disadvantaged in some aspect, whether the game automatically disables some features (or auto-reduces quality settings), or whether it's a simple case of having to wait for pauses or framerate reductions as the data is read from the pagefile.

Then there's the question... for how long should they continue to support people with only Directx 9, 32-bit, 4GB or less RAM etc? especially since such support potentially limits what people with more appropriate systems considering what they are trying to do with it.

So, why such a figure as 6GB instead of 8GB, which would make more sense since most systems are dual (not triple) channel? I believe it is because in testing they found instances where there was a framerate penalty due to paging, or some other issue.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Except that Doom 3 showed arm hair in 2004. ;)

But yeah, the screenshots look... okay. But nothing that I would call "next gen" or incredibly amazing.
    It looks like just an slightly updated version of Modern Warfare 3.

Crysis 3 definitely looks leaps and bounds better, hell Crysis 2 does as well.
    So much for Infinity Ward's "huge" next technological advancement.

11. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    Sli

the sli seems broken with the game? 2nd gpu usage stays at 0% on my dual 580s here, using the latest drivers

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Played multiplayer for a little while now.. and the game executable doesn't use more than 2GB of ram... it is sitting just under 2GB... I have not seen it go over 2 GB of usage.

So they are literally not letting people with less than 6GB or ram play this game, even though the game doesn't need more than 2GB of ram...

It's ... I don't understand.. it's like... I can't even put it into words to describe how retarded this is.

This is the most absurd thing I have ever witnessed in recent PC gaming history.

--

I love how people spawn right behind you with their gun barrel sticking literally up your a$$... what the heck is with the spawn system....

*___*

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    GMG hasnt giving me keys yet. :(

was hoping to preload.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's sad that the first game that outright requires 6 gigs or more of Ram... doesn't even fully use 2 gigs.

15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I'm definitely enjoying the single player campaign on this one more than BF4, pacing feels a lot better and it's running pretty decent maxed out, the stealth level with the ziplines was really good, love all the fireworks :)

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Man, this ram thing is literally the most retarded thing ever pulled by a dev. also what is the reason for the game being at like 35GB when it looks exactly like MW2?

I quite liked black ops 2 and had a blast on there, but I won't even get this game if it was free.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    1. Not even Crysis 3 or BF4 devs have such a large minimum requirement for ram, In fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to convince Pixar Studios to upgrade to such am amount.

2. Didnt the ram industry just have its own version of the Harddrive shortage due to some made up accident and as such ram prices have gone up ( I could be wrong on this one).

3. With the latest iteration of Windows supposedly better optimzed than previous iterations, shouldn't this free up ram for such tasks, not only that but why lock out people with less than 4gb of ram, when they might have an SSD which could elevate any paging issues due to the higher transfer speeds.. If paging and low ram really is the issue.

4. Take your 6gb+ of ram and turn off your paging file, i'll bet you dont gain more than a frame or 2, and that'll mostly be due to an inconsistent benching process.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    There is a FIX out that ignores the RAM error.

19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm having mouse issues, it just feels "off". I can't find a setting that feels right.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pfft .. both BF4 and Ghosts are having bad launches. Glad I didn't waste my money on either!

Peak players so far : 5,976 and currently playing : 3,091 (as of 9AM +4 GMT)

Sad .. BO2 had over 60,000 at launch. Great start, IW!