Call of Duty 2 "Discussions in here" - "release coming"

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by j.rhy@n, Oct 21, 2005.

1. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Why becuase it gives you good reason to upgrade :p

2. drrcluva

drrcluva Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256DDR3
    Sorry my friend, but his screens don't look any worse than yours.....And in game playing, you definatly would be too busy to notice....Get off you SLI 7800GTX high chair! Seriously though.. :p

3. drrcluva

drrcluva Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256DDR3
    Hey dude I checked out that thread too....Wow, thanks man...Biggest difference was changing the hunkmegs....Iturned down the dynamic lights to normal, not off, and the smoke to world only.....Cranked the textures all to Extra....I'm getting a consistant frame rate in the 60-80's now, never drops under 50....You rock :rock:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I hope so our European brothers populate the game =D

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    You can bet on that!:))
    Wait a week more, and you will see the servers getting filled up.

6. DeltaSniper 203

DeltaSniper 203 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga + MSI 7800 GTX SLI
    so they made the x360 version beter as in it runs smoother? looks better? cuz thsi is bull**** if thats true cuz i also hurd u have to have a HD TV to have the game look awesome if so, im not gonna get a x360 or actually im not gonan get one period right now im gettin a new moniter (20.1in) and another 7800 on down the road

but still do you guys think or no that they will optimize this game? cuz im not gonna play it until they do

7. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Every time a demo or game comes out everyone says yeah they will make it run better in the final, yeah they will fix the problems. But the truth is they almost never do anything and when they do its very little or too late.:(

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i've been doing some testing, and i've come up with good performance without sacrificing image quality.

1024x768 :(
    4x AA 8x AF

in game setting:

Texture Filter: "anistotropic"
    Render Method: DX9
    Shadows "Yes"
    Dynamic Lights "High"

Now here's the big performance KILLER !

"Soften Smoke Edges "OFF" !!!

Textures "extra"
    Hunk Megs "512"

now, i don't know how well these settings will work with a lesser card, but im maintaining 40-90 fps in multiplayer :) going to try it out on my 3500+/6800U machine tomorrow ...

9. drrcluva

drrcluva Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256DDR3
    You should really turn the shadows off...Its only character shadows and thats one of the bigger hits in frames

10. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Apparently I cant run the game in DX9 mode, it would crash and give me a DirectX Loading Error when loading anymap.

11. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Does the mp have TANKS or is it like the first cod.
    Because I don't like running around in small maps :(
    I want grand battles with lots of people and some TANKS! :D

Edit: Not lost but lots :D

12. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    COD 2 MP Mode doesnt have tanks , thank god..

I dislike some of COD UO maps simply becuase of the tanks, campers dream...

So I hope and Im sure they will never have tanks in COD 2 MP Mode...

13. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
  14. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    It's probably running DX7:p :rolleyes:

15. MattTS

MattTS Guest

GPU:
    SLI 2x Nvidia GTX 1080
    Probably not. The Xbox 360 will be more powerful than any PC until AMD come out with quad core CPUs or faster dual core and the 8 series Nvidia cards come out or the r600 cards.

Don't call me a console fanboy or anything please. I still love my PC but I will get an Xbox 360 to play some games like Kameo and other exclusive games.

16. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  17. Marcdaddy

Marcdaddy Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7900 GTXs in SLI
    drrcluva If you think COD2 looks the same 1024X768 res you are just plain blind, furthermore if you want to start a ATI Vs. Nvidia Flamewar go ahead, i dumped my 850-XT P.E. cuz i wanted to play games at their best thats why i went SLI. And if the MissFire AKA Crossfire ever pans out ill jump back to ATI, so try to justify your 800XL to play any current NextGen title next to any 6800 or 7800 series Nvidia card its just a losing propostion.

18. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Don't forget these super consoles,lol,have been cost cut,so all this multi cpu etc,isn't like multi 64 bit chips,they've been cut down,look at the memory aswell:)
    So i am interested in seeing cod2 run on the 360,to see how it handles it and how it looks,i can see when a console struggles with a game,don't need fraps etc to see that.

19. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    You do know that the XBox 360's GPU is no more powerful than a 7800GTX or X1800XT?

And that its three PowerPC cores are really about half as powerful as a run of the mill Pentium or Athlon? I read someone saying (may have been John Carmack) that it's only about twice as fast as the XBox's 700mhz celeron. Christ knows how they stop that from bottlenecking the graphics.

And it only has 512MB RAM (shared)?

So, let's take a PC with an Athlon X2, SLI 7800GTXes and 2GB dual channel RAM, and the battle's over before we've even started. Same goes for the PS3 and Revolution, except the PC has an even bigger head start...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  20. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Even though PC is always ahead, Console will always have better performance, and DONT FORGET that the GPU in Xbox360 has 48 Unified Pipelines while the 7800GTX has 24 Pipelines.

Also, dont forget that a console has all that juice to run one game, and nothing else. On the other hand a computer has to worry about some many drivers and utilizing everything it needs from windows to get the game started and cached.

Console's are a better technology for gaming, they just need to make a console for PC gamers so we can all move to consoles that fit us that use a MOUSE and a KEYBOARD for shooting games instead of a damn analog stick.

I mean they can make a system like that but heck, they'll lose a lot of money since no one will buy high-end pc's for gaming and benchmarking...

Also there has been some news that the PS3 is delayed until later 2006 or 2007.