Call of Duty 2 "Discussions in here" - "release coming"

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by j.rhy@n, Oct 21, 2005.

1. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Heres my lot of them. 1024x768 2xQ AA,8X AF, High textures, shadows, med dynamic lights, DX 9, bla bla bla. Game runs smoothly(30FPS, but smooth) until you run into 20+ people on screen firing then it likes to go 15-25. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Marcdaddy

Marcdaddy Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7900 GTXs in SLI
    Wow those defintely look like Playstation 1 graphics, thats 4 years backwards in graphics on those screenies.

3. DeltaSniper 203

DeltaSniper 203 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga + MSI 7800 GTX SLI
    r u serious? thos look pretty damn good........ if u think thats PS1 graphics than u need to get new glasses my friend......

4. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Do you even know how bad the PS1's graphics are? Those look great not even close to PS1.

5. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Well, I'm bored, so let's compare.

Medal of Honor for the playstation

[​IMG]

Call of Duty 2 for the PC

[​IMG]

they look almost exactly alike! :eek:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  6. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    your forgetting somin here..

for some reason the quality of screen shots in COD 2 is poor across the board , lower the resolution the weaker the screens..

Dont know why...

Try taking a Scrren by pressing Print Screen and then pasting it in Adobe or somin and then saving it as high a quality as possible. See if their is a difference...

7. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    I don't know if you're talking to me, but I was being factitious. :grin:

Seriously though, the game really does lose something in the screenshots. For example, that Russian pic with the building in the background is not nearly as breathtaking in screenshot form as it is in-game. When I came across that building I just kind of sat there for a few seconds and marveled at how pretty it looked. Then I got shot up.

After that I was all business, but still, pictures just don't do the game justice.

8. thewiseyoda

thewiseyoda Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT PCI-e
    picked up my copy of COD 2 today. Its sucks that i didnt look at the PC cd rom label first.

anyway played the multiplayer for 1 hour and all i have to say is

Why The **** did the remove crosshair while walking !!!!! its soo annoying.

first match .. 11 kills 44 deaths

usually in Cod i used to get 60kills 20deaths .. anyway thats my only rant. hopefully they will include that corsshair while walking.

9. Girn

Girn Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gt 703/2000
    COD2 runs like **** on my comp.. like comon I could play the fear demo fine on resonable settings.. and in this i have to put them so darn low just for smooth fps in huge scenes! this sucks ass

10. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    Holy crap. I just got done with the two Pointe du Hoc missions. Has anyone else finished them yet? And if so, did anyone else get seperated from their unit and find themselves alone, surrounded by dozens of krauts. God this game is so thrilling and intense

11. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    what a load of ****

12. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Well, just started playing a while ago. The game is good but not really different than the original COD. If you liked the first then you should like this one.

For me, running DX9 gives 20-40 FPS, which is not ideal for gameplay so I just play at DX7 mode. Tried 81.87 but no difference in performance. Shame that the game is not more optimized. :(

13. DeltaSniper 203

DeltaSniper 203 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga + MSI 7800 GTX SLI
    yeah it got boring really fast cuz i find games with the ragdoll effect very fun and DOD is worth playing just to get a bazaka and tka esum one out from beneath ther legs and watch em fly into a wall on top of that its smooth!!!!

this game wud be great if it was smoother

14. Marcdaddy

Marcdaddy Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7900 GTXs in SLI
    I made the comment that it looked like PS1 graphics cuz at that horrible resolution the game looks like crap, I must admit even at 1600X1200 im not that impressed, the game can be good while in motion but i think its just lacking something. Why is it that some titles try to implement every feature they can under direct X 9 and it falls short. Usually ill take complete gameplay over the very best graphics very few games can blend them together. Also to us the people who buy the games we shouldnt have dedicated threads on how to improve the games we buy in this much detail, i mean cmon why didnt the programmers figure a way out to automatically detect how much system ram we have and set it to the highest amount allowed, i shouldnt have to type in /com_hulkmegs 512 ! Christ after BF2 came out and all of its damn bugs i wish developers would take notice but they wont, as long as we buy their games they wont give a Phuk. Thats just my rant. By the way im Against having to use 2 video cards in the same PC to play video games i think its just ridiculous, I know im running SLI and yes i also ran 3 cards back in the dayz of 3dfx for 3d and a primary card for 2d, It just sucks for the average user who shells out all that cash and then get told, " Oh ya better shell out another $500 if you want to see the game not look like a TURD"

15. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I am trying to finish my HW so I can play this game non-stop over this weekend and finish it xD...

16. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    So many perfomance issue? Is the game a port from the 360?

17. Marcdaddy

Marcdaddy Member

GPU:
    2 XFX 7900 GTXs in SLI
    No its not a port, their were 2 independant teams working on this game and the developers themselves claim that the 360 version is superior. I saw this myself on the G4/Tech TV channel they brought a XDK 360 and their game and couldnt shut their mouths on how awesome it in on the 360, i must admit the unfinished game did look pretty good, 16:9 720P supported is kinda nice.

18. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Just thought I would let you know, those stats are not related on how many people are logged into GameSpy Arcade, those stats are connected directly to the game's master list and is displaying the actual status of the game.

19. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Ok , their is 3300 PLayers on at the moment and nearly 1000 servers , considering EU has not started thats pretty good and I can only presume most are playing SP...

20. Girn

Girn Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gt 703/2000
    god why did I buy this ****ing game.. cant even run at medium settings