1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 2: DirectX 9 unrecoverable error...HELP!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cenp, Dec 7, 2005.

1. cenp

cenp New Member

GPU:
    evga 6800GT PCI-X
    Hi, Well basically I installed the game and i tried to play it but when the level was loading i got this error, i read the DX Faqs, so i re-installed the DX9c, 81.95, the whole game, and nothing seem to work.. so if u guys could help me a lil bit please...

Thanx

2. jawshuwa

jawshuwa Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    in your system bios, turn off the fastwrites option, I think it is actually called AGP fastwrites but I aint sure, but if you do as I perscribe you can be sure that you will be playing that game in no time. try it and post back.

3. cenp

cenp New Member

GPU:
    evga 6800GT PCI-X
    dude, my vid card is pci express...

4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Do you possibly have a program that has remote control features? Like LogMeIn? If so you need to uninstall it.

5. jawshuwa

jawshuwa Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Sorry bout that, I had the same problem with the same game, actually it happens with all the COD games, if I disable the fastwrites all works well...GoodLuck

6. oldlonghorn

oldlonghorn New Member

GPU:
    Dell Inspiron
    same problem

same error here when trying to launch call of duty 2. i can't find a fastwrites option in my system bios. disabling the Intel speedstep mode of the processor didn't fix it. and disabling write combining on the direct x diagnotic app didn't help either. where is the fastwrite option in the bios? any other suggestions? thanks in advance.

7. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    The Agp fast writes option is for agp mainboards only; mainboards with a pci-e slot(s) don't have this option.

Also try to use 'System Restore' in Windows XP to a working restore point, where you can play CoD2 without the mentioned problem.

Or use a directX eraser tool (not recommended!), e.g. DirectX Eradicator 2.0:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=626

some important notes:

"This utility is designed to safely uninstall DirectX runtime components from Microsoft Windows (32-bit) operating systems. DXE gives you the ability to remove and restore DirectX "on-the-fly". Thinking about reformatting? Try this first. You just might be able to save yourself from a lot of hassle.

* Full uninstall support for DirectX 2.0 - 9.0c,
    * Full Registry cleanup; Automated rollback.

Do keep in mind, while DirectX Eradicator has been tested extensively, the removal of DirectX may not be the proper solution to resolving hardware / software compatibility issues... Contact your OEM for assistance, or obtain the latest device drivers if you are unable to resolve these problems.

Need help?! Take a moment to view the Readme file and get answers to questions most asked by users before taking the "plunge".

Version 2.0 includes the following enhancements and fixes:

* OS detection mechanism - enabling DXE to be run on ALL? localized
    versions of Windows 2000 or later; not just "English".
    * DX uninstall/rollback support for Windows Server 2003.
    * Automated DX rollback for Windows 98/ME ".

source: Guru3d.com; Firecatz - myappz.tk.

Good luck!

8. oldlonghorn

oldlonghorn New Member

GPU:
    Dell Inspiron
    Thanks for the info. I've never had COD2 work on this machine, so a restore won't work for me. It sounds like I'm going to be out of luck.

9. aenmelendez

aenmelendez New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500GT 1GB

Hello!

Go to Start > Run > dxdiag > Display tab > Enable all DirectX Features..

Hehe..

Thanks!

10. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Lol, thread resurrection from, 2005 :p

11. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    And his answer was bad anyway.. Games checks dx features at initialization, not at loading levels