Call for Donations - End of the Year 2007

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by puntarenas, Dec 22, 2007.

1. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Hi together,

I don't like Christmas and sad enough I am always short on money, but I really appreciate Rays work on ATI Tray Tools. There is a lot of complaining and whining around as some of us switched over to R600 or RV670 based cards and ATT doesn't work with those babys yet.

If you followed this forum for some time you would have realized that development slowed down a bit and Ray told us he is very busy with real life to get his bills paid. We also know ATI/AMD will not provide him with some sample cards to ease up development on new chips, so from a users side of view I see two problems.

1) Ray is busy working for money, seems that real life exists for all of us.

2) Without a R600/RV670 based card, Ray most likely wouldn`t be able to include overclocking and hardware monitoring very soon and I doubt it would run flawlessly as it does for the older cards. Unfortunately these beasts are expensive and here we come into conflict with "1)".

Obviously we cannot help much about "1)", but I think we could give something back in form of money and maybe Ray will use the donations to get his hands on a RV670 card, maybe it will just help him to get his gas bills paid.
    No matter what, ATT is in daily use for most of us and it makes ATI/AMD cards by far more valuable. I feel it is time to give something back now and not only talk about it.

Let's see how far we can come until 31th of december, rich people are welcome to donate higher amounts, multiple donations permitted ;)
    Note: I don't think there is need for private information within this thread, neither about you nor Ray himself. So if you post your confirmation here I suggest to start after the line including "Postal" as I did above.

For donation just follow the link on the the ATT page at guru3D to Kagi or directly from within ATT.

Donations: 5
    Amount: 0.25 x Radeon HD3870 (54/220 US$), 2 donations without details.

:invasion:

Mery Christmas and a happy new year to all of you!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  2. 2bornot2b

2bornot2b Member

Thanks Ray

Just wanted to say thanks for ATT. Totally love the program. I agree with you puntarenas so I donated. I have been using ATT for quite some time and would like to have it back. I hope what I donated helps. Thanks again Ray.

3. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Same here. I have been using ATT since I changed to ATI, and now I hope Ray can find some "resources" to make 38xx support :). I have donated though.

Merry Christmas to you all!

4. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    This program clearly has had a lot of time & effort put into it & is used by many & to even replace CCC, so here`s a small thank you.

5. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Only 3 days left, take your chance :)

6. krakjen

krakjen Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    I was using ATT for ages, and my new 3870 is sad without it.
    Glad to be able to help...

P.S: I think this thread could use a sticky

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  7. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
    Do you think we are all that bloody stupid lol

Stop creating new account for yourself!.

8. krakjen

krakjen Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    I beg your pardon ?

9. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Okay, thanks to all who donated, I beg there were hundreds of anonymous donations in the background besides these five here and a lot of long-term ATT users already showed their appreciation before. At least I hope so :3eyes:

I wish you a happy new year Ray and if I get a new ATI card soon I will continue to take care of the german translation. Unfortunately they are still hard to get at the moment in Germany and NVidia's 8800GT lead into temptation.

No need to be suspicious of people who sign up here just to give some Kudos to Ray after their donation. I think a lot of ATT users just look in for known issues and workarounds or fixes without being registered on guru3d. :)

10. desertjedi

desertjedi Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260
    Donation made. Good thread!