Calibrated ICC colour profile for Samsung C24F390FH

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by MerolaC, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Hello everyone.

Does anyone have a ICC colour porfile calibrated via Hardware monitor calibrator that could share with me?

I have found this site:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

And found that the Samsung S27B970D looks great on my display, but, I figure I want the real deal.

If anyone can share it I'll highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

2. fluidz

fluidz Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080ti [125/275]
    Monitor calibration settings you find at websites such as tftcentral most likely won't be accurate and can make colors appear way worst than what you have now. Every panel is different. For example, my x34a has 1.95 gamma default (at 2.2 setting) and tft centrals review of the x34 has a value much closer to 2.2. Tft centrals x34 monitor didn't need need much of a gamma adjustment where mine does.

Best thing to do is invest in a cheap colorimeter, such as the color munki smile/spyder 5 express at the very least and check out DisplayCal (free software). You can even sell on the colorimetre after you have used it and recoup some of the money back.

I used to use other peoples settings before i bought a colorimetre and I thought that it actually made things look better (placebo). When I got my ColorMunki colorimetre i realised how red the white on screen actually was, my eyes adjusted to it, but it was almost pink! The colorimetre corrected the white balance and things looked way better.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    MerolaC likes this.
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Very nice, thank you.
    Yes. I understand that and makes sense. I guess I will invest in a hardware calibrator.

Thank you once again.