Cache control for chrome

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Gojden, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Gojden

Gojden Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Is there any application or extension that can do this? What I want to accomplish to put a junction link on my cache folder to a RamDrive to speed up surfing but I've only 4GB RAM and the cache can easily jump up to a couple of hundred MBs which is insane since there's only a few pages I return too on a regular basis, only those I need cache for.

Is this possible? To make sure: I want to control what pages that save cache, not total size of cache.

2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380
    You don't need a symbolic link, you can just point the cache to the drive letter of the ram drive. If however you really want to have a symbolic link, follow this link to the directions on how to:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

I have never heard of a way to distinguish which pages are cached and which pages are not.

Just an FYI: Putting your cache on a Ram drive may improve your browsing speed but you won't see a big difference. How slow do you think your browsing is and why do you think your browser is slow??

3. Gojden

Gojden Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Well, I've a SSD so it's not that slow and I was just thinking of doing it again because I can but since the cache size can really add up I was hoping to able to control it, having cache for sites you only enter once a month or perhaps never again is really unefficient use of it.