C64 MINI Launches Early 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2017.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Guru3d mistakes are a feature, mkay? :D

2. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    The graphics and games where on another level at the time lol (Amiga), dreamed about having one.

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Oh, these youngsters...

After all these years (30+ in my case) in front of all kinds of computers and drain bamage... #**@!*%+" braid damage ...omg... brain damage as a result you should be happy that we don't write comments only in binary code here on Guru3D forum :D I can barely speak my own native language lol, writing on english with or without grammars is a pure bonus in this age hahaha Nevermind brain, at least my sight still serves me perfectly, still shooting like a pro, same as 30 years ago... or I just think it's the same like 30 years ago :)
    [​IMG]

So don't make fun of us old geeks, BOY! You're risking your life...
    ;)

Enough of these threats lol, here is one more interesting piece of tech I've found last night related with C=64 (and Amiga 500). It's one quite rare type of joystick, controller, call it as you wish and I'm sure most of old Commodore C=64/A500 geeks here never saw od had owned something like this before. It uses capacitive change touch sensing technique to register "moves" and translate those into "language" recognisable by C=64, Amiga 500... Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's handmade (not by me, some local genius here) and housing is made completely from wood as you can see.... and it's still fully functional after all these years, although, I must admit, mostly complete useless for gaming because finger tips is what you're using to make contact between two button/direction contacts, after 10, 20 minutes of "gaming" with this thing (read: struggle) finger tips are useless for everyting else in next day or two :( Good old QuickShot joystick or even better Kempston stick was ultimate gaming weapon at that time.

Lots of other cool C=64 and Amiga 500 stuff is well hidden/preserved down in the basement of my house, all of them are patiently waiting for my grandchildren one day to come and to be opened/used for years and years to come, me and my grandchildren gaming on these beautiful things, what could geek like me could want more in his '60, '70... besides enough healthy brain cells lol

If any Commodore geek among gurus here has something interesting to show C=64 related (Spectrum geeks are also welcome) lets show us your stuff! And I don't mean "that kind" of stuff hahaha

One more thing: I've changed my mind, gonna buy this BUT only if this C64 Mini replica can make use of custom C=64 ROMs via lets say USB flash-drive.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi 2060 Gaming-Z
    I blame all of you for getting nostalgic and having to find my C64 for a photo session XD Damn you all! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

Edit:
    Forgot the best bits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha the graphics part cracked me up :D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    StewieTech, CrazY_Milojko and airbud7 like this.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    haha...Hilbert, you done started something/ Lol...cool stuff you guys!

CrazY_Milojko and StewieTech like this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    My C64c with 1541-II drive, classical tape drive, plotter, 9dot Seikosha SP 180 VC is still at home.
    It was magical computer for its special hardware and productivity software. PCs even years after did not have same capability, they had performance, but not capability.

If they simply replicated all logic transistors into single chip, and placed it on small PCB, then added SMDs for special stuff (like giving somewhat original sound).
    Considering transistor count... Extremely cheap to make. Extremely low power consumption. Extremely small footprint.
    With 5" screen and physical keyboard it would be smallest laptop with huge memory for given technology. Only thing really eating Power would be screen.

But ARM, and emulation. That sucks.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Attic Attack

8. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Nope, he just leveled himsef up, you can't be old enoung when it comes to these things :)

That's the spirit! :D

StewieTech and airbud7 like this.
  9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Miloyko and Hilbert -Dammit I wish I did not trash mine as a kid otherwise id be posting pictures with you guys this very moment! You guys cracked me up thanks so much for all the memories you just opend-up for me. Epic tape playing gaming Monster the C64 !

10. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Did anyone here buy those C64 replicas they made a few years back? They were actually full-blown PCs with quad-core CPUs in them and everything. Just curious to know how they worked out for you.

11. SL4T

SL4T Member

GPU:
    2x GTX980
  12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    OMG This thread is so full of win!

I never owned a C64, but a friend of mine did and I still remember being excited everytime I would go over to his place to play some games on his.

This thread brought back some fond memories.

13. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Nah, I'm older than you are, 43.5 here... but feeling like 20 and so, like I'm in the best shape in my life (to be honest feeling the same past 25+ years lol), although I don't game for 3 years or so, just enjoying watching my youngsters gaming mostly online..

Certanly we did played with same toys but compared with these kids today my generation of kids including myself we had a bit more: marbles (street vs street battle, I was one of the he marble masters in my town lol), skate boards, BMX (bandits), Monopoly, hide & seek outside, steeling all kinds of fruit from neighbours backyards at night, baking patetoes and corns in fire outside on the street on summer nights, fishing with friends, snow-wars street vs street... Kids these days don't know almost anything about those forgotten "gaming skills", now it's all about PCs, consoles, smartphones, tablets... and it's the same in every country I have been so far. Sad but true...

HAHAHA... i to što kažeš :D

airbud7, konta and StewieTech like this.
  14. Dyseman

Dyseman Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I was of the TRS-80 family. I had a few friends with Vic20's and C64's but they really never used them. Too many Peeks and Pokes to remember I guess. But I stayed with CoCo's until my first PC clone (Tandy 1000HX) then on to customs in mid 90's.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Man seeing you guys showing off your Amigas in great shape makes me feel stupid for not keeping my Amiga 500!!! I was so stupid!!!

If only they release a new Amiga version like the mini NES/SNES so i could play those amazing games again...

airbud7 likes this.