c2d e6750 temp question

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by VisionHD, Feb 21, 2008.

1. VisionHD

VisionHD Active Member

GPU:
    xfx GTX260
    I read some posts here but I did not find a correct answer so I had to ask :)

I have just replaced my Pentium D 940 3.2 with c2d e6750.

I have it in Antec900 case with an additional sidefan.

I did not check its temperatures on stock speed :D :D I oced it to 3.36 (8x420)

I use asus arctic square cooler.

Idle temp by ASUS pc probe II is 48 celsius.
    Full load temp by ASUS pc probe II is 61 celsius (after 1 hour of rendering a huge scene in 3ds max 2008 with vray).

I have just used some Coretemp software. It reports 10 degrees lower temps.38-39 at idle and 55-56 at full load after 45 minutes of 3ds max + vray rendering.

Is this OK?

Thanks. Worried and waiting

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    those temps are fine.go by the coretemp readings rather than the asus probe readings btw.asus probe is reading from the mb sensor.coretemp is reading directly off the cpu die.

3. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    asus probe report the cpu temp, while coretemp reports well you get it, core temp for both cores. if you try other programs like speed fan and pcwizard08, they will report both CPU and core temp. core temp usually is about 10c below cpu temp with the programs i've tried. anyway i think the temp is alright even though you didn't o/c to the extreme.

4. VisionHD

VisionHD Active Member

GPU:
    xfx GTX260

I will try ocing it to about 3.6 later (8x450). I hope I wont fry this proc.

Anyway, I am planning to oc it to 3.2 and leave it at that.

One more question: do you recommend enabling speedstep and q fan?

Big thanks

INFO: I did some 3ds max benchmarks. My two complicated scenes were rendered 2 times faster at c2d e6750 stock speed and about 2.4 times faster when I oced it to 3.36 ghz comparing to Pentium D 940 3.2 ghz rendering times. So I think I realy made a good purchase.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Personally i leave both speedstep and QFAN off.

6. VisionHD

VisionHD Active Member

GPU:
    xfx GTX260

Any more oppinions?

7. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    Hahaha, i dont think speedstep is not a bad idea at all. i guess it goes down to how much you love the earth (global warming :S ) and your bills.
    I on speedstep but off q-fan. as i love cool cpu. i also love low noise, but somehow q-fan sensor never works well for me, either the fan still noisy or too slow and the cpu warms up.

8. chrispycrunch

chrispycrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT 512MB (700/980)
    I have them both on. I want to reduce power consumption and have peace and quiet. As such, I don't overclock as high as you do and my system still feels very fast. If i did folding 24/7 and encoded lots of videos, I'd probably turn those features off.

ps what are your coretemp temperatures? you are on stock hsf? what are your voltages for the cpu?