C2D E6400, Still need help please!!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by bushwickbill, Oct 11, 2007.

1. bushwickbill

bushwickbill Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS SC 320mb/648/1620/900
    I know this is yet another post about my stubborn E6400, But I tried all the
    suggestions put to me, and still I have something clearly wrong. I got fed up with trying to Overclock E6400(past 2.8Ghz) with Four 1gb Sticks of Kingston DDR2 667. I Flashed My BIOS to the latest 1604 And still had issues trying to get over my 2.8Ghz Wall. I took out two 1Gb sticks of Ram to hopefully solve my issue. People kept saying "Four 1Gb sticks won't overclock." I loaded up 360*8=2.88Ghz and it posted and ran Stability tests no problem. V.Core was only at 1.2625, Ram at 1.9 Volts. I then tried 370*8 and no post? I jacked the V.core up to 1.35, 1.40, No post. I put the Ram volts up to 2.1volts, No post? I then tried Raising the "FSB Termination Voltage" to the Max and still no luck. What is causing this. I followed all the advice everybody gave me. Does anybody else know why this is happening? There has to be something I am missing. Thanx Again

2. MR.BONES

MR.BONES Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6850
    Try skipping the 370 fsb and go right for 401fsb the 965 chipset has like what Ive heard.... called holes in the different Fsb speeds.Its not your hardware but the motherboard causing this.Running memory at a 1:1 ratio also helps.

3. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Hm, weird.
    I have a similar setup and all I did was to leave everything on auto and set the FSB to 400 (I have DDR2-800 so it could handle it; you'll need a divider though). Booted right up @3.2GHz.

4. newhit

newhit Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Ti Classy
    :sleep:
    Yes, I offered this to "bushwickbill" in another thread.

It's the straps you know.........

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=30

PS
    Of course, it could be something entirely different.........:leave: