C27JG54/56 Firmware on C27JG50/52

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by CHICKEN1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. CHICKEN1

CHICKEN1 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    so i bought the C27JG50/52, which doesnt come with freesync, but as far as i know
    the same monitor with the same specs/hardware is available with freesync (Samsung C27JG54/56). My question is, is there a way to make my montor think it is the one with freesync or flash the firmware to my non official freesync monitor to get it, because i believe its just a software thing right now and i would really appreciate to get it just like the C27JG54/56 has it from Samsung. I mean if its the same monitor inside that shouldnt be to hard or? I couldnt really find it with google, so i hope anyone out here can give me a hint or idea which will help

Thanks

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I have C27F also curved but 1080p/75hz and as you can see firmware for all models in the range is the same but they all have freesync (i think). Did you made a mistake or you didnt research before you bought it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  3. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    They aren't "the same" at default, so they are not the same monitors according to either Samsung or https://www.displayspecifications.com/. If they have similar firmware, you must change the model "name" through service menu. I have enabled freesync in various LG models that way. I suppose it's the same for Samsung too. So, do what I said, change your model until you unlock extra settings.

4. CHICKEN1

CHICKEN1 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    Hey, so i managed to get to the service menu, but unfortunaly there is not an option to change the model number/name
    [​IMG]
    i bought the c27jg50 instantly when it came out, the one with freesync (c27jg54/56) where released later and i couldnt return my monitor anymore. But it really annoys me that they are the same spec wise(same panel and so on), so why cant samsung just be nice and upload a frimware update for the c27jg50/52 to activate freesync too...

candrello likes this.

5. candrello

candrello New Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt Pulse 8gb
    --wrong sorry

6. candrello

candrello New Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt Pulse 8gb
    Hallo, a fellow user of the s27cj52 here.
    Have you found some method to flash the 54/56 firmware on the 50?