By 2030, Intel CEO predicts chips would account for 20% of car costs.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm not so sure.
    Technology for the sake of technology is becoming the norm.

There may be vehicles that dont take this on but likely not those I am looking for.

2. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    More tech waste soon, how exciting for Intel.

3. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Nitro+
    I am talking about something a bit broader.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/sand-shortage-the-world-is-running-out-of-a-crucial-commodity.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    tunejunky likes this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    no doubt, but even a Subaru will get hit with gas guzzler taxes. first it will be the fuel, then an internal combustion surcharge to sell one, then registration.

different timings and different penalties for different locations, but along those lines.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Coincidentally, here more than 50% of the gas price I pay is taxes. Has been for a long time. First prediction fulfilled in... I don't know, Austria of the 90s?
    Second, internal combustion surcharge, here we have something that's called the "NoVA", which taxes you more, the more CO2 your car produces, once was more for how much horse power you got. Been like that here since... as long as I can remember.
    Third, registration... you don't have to register cars with insurance in other countries? Here you have to register your car as the owner, and the one holding the insurance on it as well. Been like that since, I believe, the 70s in Austria? While I do know insurance is not mandatory in a lot of countries, how do you ever prove a car was stolen, unless it's registered by the owner?

But you better get that Subaru @KissSh0t best case, by the time you get the car it's an oldtimer, which gives rebates on all of what I mentioned above in Austria :D

KissSh0t and tunejunky like this.