1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying MSI since they make best software that everyone uses.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Organik, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Organik

Organik Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 760 FTW
    There's all these brands out there. Each has its own unique advantage or disadvantage. Some come with games others come with rebates or Step Up program. Some have fancy cooling.

We have soo many brands to choose from just to name a few.

Zotac
    Evga
    PNY
    Gigabyte
    ASUS
    MSI

I noticed people with these cards and other vendors all use MSI Afterburner. So MSI is obviously superieor to all other vendors when it comes to software. MSI blows em all away. So shouldn't that mean all MSI graphic cards have a little something special in them or are built very well. If they can make burner along with riva server then they can sure as well build the best video cards on the planet. All this but I barely see anyone with a MSI, usually its GIgabtye or Evga and what have you.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh.....

MSI doesn't make that software.

pimpernell, Mat and cryohellinc like this.
  3. Organik

Organik Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 760 FTW
    really, just like EVGA Precision was not made by Evga ?

4. Mat

Mat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Unwinder does. I guess you've not been on this forum long ;)

Credit where credit is due, I won't tag him, he hates being bothered with nonsence :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Organik likes this.

5. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Plus, MSI afterburner works well will almost all cards from brands other than MSI (the only exception is the additional sensors of EVGA ICX cards, and controlling RGB effects), making it a moot point.

6. Mat

Mat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Isn't this a reason to avoid EVGA cards then? I mean, it's not like they overclock any better, and didn't they add them extra sensors because of they made a bit of a mess of their coolers not so long ago?

(edit) Maybe it was Powercolour, I cant be bothered to look it up right now.....

7. Organik

Organik Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 760 FTW
    Im 40 years old and I was would surf the Guru3D site 20 years ago. Let me guess your not even 20 yet LOL So don't call me a newbie. I was playing Quake 1 and Doom and Doom 1 and Descent and Descent 2 . Was using Windows 3.1 with 4Dos a 26k baud modem, I got on the internet in 1995 when I installed Windows 95 which was 22 floppy disks. Once I got on desktop there was icon for MSN Internet, I did it and it was free and I surfed the web,,or what was of it at that time. Thank you

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6gb
    When it comes to video cards I always go with EVGA. But in my last two builds I used MSI mainboards and they're great.

9. Mat

Mat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Oooooo did you have a bad day?

When did I call you a newbie?, I only stated If you had been coming to this site for some time, surely you would know who makes afterburner.

10. Organik

Organik Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 760 FTW
    I don't know what you mean brother.. Ive known about MSI and Evga Precision for very long time.

11. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 Strix
    BFG was better on average then most of the other GPU makers. However, you are correct that currently none are any better then the others. I usually buy PNY because they are no-frills plain-Jane cards with reasonable costs. I have never had one die ever in dozens of models.

12. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 1080Ti
    cool story bro, tell it again...

cryohellinc likes this.