Buying a new semi automatic rifle - AR15 or AK47?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Woodmasterfox, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Well if it's legal, go ahead and get an M82A1 :D

If you're using this for shooting at the range, an AR15 looks good.

EDIT: And by the way, please don't slam on the Democrat owned congress. Our population clearly voted our congress in within the system and the majority is democratic. You've had your chance to have your way with the country, and clearly, everyone wants it back the way like when Clinton was in power.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    zomg how dare you question the realistic accuracy of CS >:[

only kidding of course :smoke:

3. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Shooting with an MP5 is almost like shooting with an air rifle. We used to call it "jentefem" (the girly-five) in the army. Atleast compared to our primary weapon, the 7.62x51mm (A)G3.

I'd get something with a bit more punch than the MP5 for fun..

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Like P90 or MP7 perhaps?
    HK G3 gets my vote. You could aim for the A4 variant with the retractable stock. Not as accurate as the fixed one though.

5. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    AR15 for sure, since you wont be using it in the field, a jam isnt going to get you killed.

Though an AK47 is pretty cheap.

And for a handgun, a glock, glock = quality.
    But if you get a beretta, do your best to avoid cheap knockoffs. as they are so easy to come by.

But since glidefan mentions it, i wouldnt mind a P90 myself if i didnt have kids to worry about.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    How much do guns cost in your crazy country?

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Buy The FN F2000
    [​IMG]

: ) lol

8. ReBeL

ReBeL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    LMAO :thumbup:

9. RIAA

RIAA Banned

And post the gun image from google.com

People, US banned any kind of automatic rifles to the public, period. Not if unless you work for military or any kind of terrorism-related, police work. US allows their citizen to purchase handguns for their own protection.

So..

I would def. buy Desert Eagle .50 and they do serious damage! (or so does CSS says..). Pffft.... don't make me laugh, if cops busted you using automatic rifles, you're screwed and it's a felon - a crime. So do me a hugh favor, TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME!

10. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    They make semi-auto variations. As the thread TOPIC states thats what he wants a semi-automatic rifle.
    Of course they are just a sear file away from being fully automatic but I dont think thats what woodmasterfox has in mind.

11. RIAA

RIAA Banned

Who need guns anyways? No one! We can only rely our faith in Jesus Christ himself. That's the kind of protection we all need, a peace of mind. That's the ultimate weapon for the mankind. Now... please lay down your guns and join our crusade for christ!

I bet Satan is coming with some ideas I do not approve, yet God approves. Me wonder why?

Oh my gosh, disregard what I said eariler. I am just being stupid.

12. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    I heard the G3 was a fine weapon but whats your take on it?

13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    It''s accurate in BF2 :cool:

14. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    People who actually own guns are aware that posession of an unlicensed fully-automatic, silencer, or sawn-off shotgun is punishable by ten years in prison and a $100,000 fine. =) That license is such a pain to get, pretty much no one bothers.

That reminds me of when my [liberal] 8th grade history teacher asked us if Jesus would carry a gun. The morons in that class said "no." I still regret not asking him if it was smart to be referring to someone who was killed at the age of 30 as a person who didn't "need" a gun.

And by the way, .50 caliber rifles only cost FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Oops, forgot to add this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cDbA8O9-c

If anyone's wondering, all three of the rifles from the beginning are AK-47s. Yes, even the one that looks "different" than you'd think an AK-47 would look like.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  15. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    The thread clearly states I'm buying a SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE! Semi Automatic for all of you that don't know, means that every time you squeeze the trigger only one round is fired, but it is still somewhat automatic because the weapon automatically chambers another round for you, as apposed to a bolt action.

Thankyou guys very much for all of the input! I have decided to go with a COLT AR-15.

And yes, for the final time, I am going to use this for FUN ONLY! It is fun to shoot weapons of this kind. I would like to get a G3 myself but they are very expensive.

And, owning any automatic weapon or silenced weapon (for the "buy a silenced MP5 lollololo?1!!1one!" comment) in the US is illegal.

I can't wait to go out on my sailboat and get out in international waters and pop a couple clips with this new badboy. I should have it by friday, I'll post pictures and hopefully videos of us ripping it up.

*(I realize that being out in international waters doesn't make firing a weapon any more legal or illegal. I just said that because we like to head out in the gulf and have a good time, let off some fireworks, fire some weapons, and then come back. I'm not stupid, I realize there are no ungoverned waters.)*

16. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Yeah we better...

GL2U Woodmaster!

Anti-weapon stuff needs to stay out of this thread. I am against the possession of firearms, but I will keep my opinions where they belong.

17. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    But, apparently, Jesus told the popes to kill random Muslims in the crusades!

I wish I could go to a firing range, I enjoy shooting bb guns just for fun, etc. I imagine the real thing is much more exciting, and more reliable in terms of accuracy with the ballistics and bullet spin.

It's not like you're fighting the jungles of Vietnam, either, so I'd say go for the more accurate one if you want to show off for your buddies.

18. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    that gun serves no purpose other than being a novelty at best. It is overweight, overpriced and the ammunition is scarce.

19. TheLom

TheLom Active Member

GPU:
    1x eVGA 8800GTX @700 & 2200
    If you are an amateur with guns get the the ar-15 if you are exprienced go for the ak-47 and customize it carbonfiber barrel, blowback compensator, etc. when I was in the military I used heavily customized ak-47 since the heavier projectile had better terminal performance... of course nonstandard issue ammunition was used... ok im getting of topic here get the ar-15 if you are an amateur, otherwise get the ak.

20. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    yeah i've owned a pair of gold plated (cost me ****ing 1100 dollars at cabellas in PA) i sold em for 1500 after 5 months. the ammunition is expensive even, u kiddin me? i mean ****, after a few clips at the range you have to check the hammer n make sure it isnt loose because it will snap off n kill u. also if you hold it wrong, u'll **** up your elbow, wrist, shoulder, etc.

desert eagles are over rated, you want a 357 magnum revolver. THOSE are some hot guns (crazy kickback but alot more reliable in my experience). yeah reloads annoying, but its all for fun anyhow (and occasional hunting trips ;-)

Edit* yeah this topic has shifted. he's already chosen the AR-15