"Bunker-hunting" (56k warning) [Updated the 9th of may]

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by John, May 8, 2005.

1. GeoTube

GeoTube Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600
    Nice =]
    I wonder if it'll be illegal to picklock the locks on the bunker... you could always try that =]

2. ma77%ew

ma77%ew Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire at. 9800pro
    great pics :), also happy VE day !
    [​IMG]

3. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It would be illegal, yes. They are closed down by the Norwegian army, and those locks aren't very easy to get by ;)

And yes, happy VE day everybody! :)

Edit: Oh, and there's another bunker area near our home place called "Laukvik", which is very untouched. These bunkers are not locked down ;) We're planning to go there as well in a while, armed with flashlights.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Cool dude.....Awesome!!!

5. GeoTube

GeoTube Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600
    theres probably some top secret technology down in that underground bunker... I say you break in, steal it and sell it to some people for millions then hide out. =P

Secret Technology like a staple that can go throw any amount of paper!

6. Sniper_20

Sniper_20 New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce NX6800 TD128
    Hehe I don't thing there are some "top secret technology" In this bunker. ;)
    But we think there might be a museum in this bunker. :)

7. GaneshJadu

GaneshJadu Guest

Well Thanks for posting pics. I am kinda late on this topic, but i hope to continue to see more pics from you and hoping some kind of sticky be made for pictures about WWII History that still lives in this present time.

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thankyou. We got some fresh tips today about some bunkers around here that might be a tad more hidden from the public. I've heard rumors about people still finding weapons there.... So we'll see. Probably going tonight. I'll keep you updated ;)

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, we're back from the best bunker safari ever!!! AMAZING!! Will be back with pics ASAP.

10. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Sweet :D Post post post

11. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Okay, pics are in. I'm locking this so I can post in peace ;)

12. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    You've had quite some time to post in peace. . . .

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Right, as I told you earlier, we got a tip a new place here right outside of town, which is called "The German Hill", now that's gotta mean something, right? ;)
    So we drove around a bit, and pretty quickly found it. We could clearly see something that looked like a bunker on top of a hill. A short walk up a steep hill just outside the old hospital facility here, and we found something very spectacular.
    Sorry about the quality on some of the pics, but it was very hard to get good pictures, especially in the indoor areas. You have to remember that it was PITCH dark in here.
    Here we go:

[​IMG]
    This was the first thing that met us. A small storage house or something, but I'm not sure. The best thing about it though, was that it was open - a very good sign indeed ;)
    We continued to the right, and found this:

[​IMG]
    Remember the outside of the wall with a hole for an MG I posted at saturday? Well, this is on the inside, and thats how it looks like in the room behind it. I'm sure you've all seen this in games as COD or MOHAA, where you enter a bunker, to be rapidly shot at from the guy behind that wall?

[​IMG]
    We continued in the same bunker as above, and after a short while we found this HUGE hallway. Now, this place was downright spooky! The picture does no justice here, as it's much much longer than what you can see. The blitz on the camera wasn't close of being powerful enough to lit up the entire room. The echoes from our voices was spectacular in here. But quite honestly, a touch of clastrophobia hit us, and we just wanted to get the hell out of there. Our flashlights were small and had bad batteries, and if they went dead, we probably would not have found our way out.

[​IMG]
    The entrance to the very spooky bunker above.

[​IMG]
    We continued up the hill, and found this. It's a viewpost of the top bunker, and, as I'll show you later, the view is fantastic. The doors were locked further down, but we managed to get in through the missing bars to the left.

[​IMG]
    So, we got inside. There was another room inside, one level down. And yes, that's me you see down there.

[​IMG]
    A shabby picture of what the room I am standing in above looks like. A small room, with a locked door. Nothing much...

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]
    To the left in the same bunker, we found an entrance leading down into the mountain. This probably led to a bunker further up, which I will show you in a min. We did not go down there, because 1: The stairs were gone, and 2: The cave you see down there is flooded with water.

[​IMG]
    View out the very same bunker. Look at that view over the city! Not hard to imagine why they placed these bunkers here.

[​IMG]
    Inside the bunker I mentioned above, where we think that cave leads to. The room down that door, was flooded as well.

[​IMG]
    Small overview of the "real" entrance to the bunker above.

Right, that was one of the two hills. Let's move over to the next one, shall we?

[​IMG]
    Small viewpost on the way up to the large bunkers on hill number 2

[​IMG]
    A cannon mounting. Some idiots have made a damn fireplace on top of the mounting.

[​IMG]
    Underneath the cannon mounthing thingy above. Amazing that they actually had a room underneath it!

[​IMG]
    Another example of the beautiful view these guys had from their positions!

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]
    There was more up there, but I'm only posting the best pics... So we moved down the hill, and found this entrance. Looks like someone has tried to close it, but with no success because someone has breached it again ;) What can possibly be in there....

[​IMG]
    Oh yes. Another LARGE bunker inside the mountain. It looks like this bunker has been used as hospital/bathrooms. Notice the concrete block to the right? Well, it looks like it could have been a toilet or something, because the walls on the insde were covered in tiles. Also, notice the huge pipes coming out of the roof. Let's continue further in.

[​IMG]
    Look at that! Some German inscriptions on the wall. Fabolous! I've only been able to translate parts of it. Anyone in here good in German?

[​IMG]
    Further in we found some stairs. Where do they lead to? At this point though, I'm feeling a tad uncomfortable again, as we're pretty deep inside the mountain now.

[​IMG]
    Phew. The stairs led to the other cannon-bunker on the top. No problem then...

Well, that was about it. It was an amazing trip, and these pictures do no justice, really. You'd have to be there to "feel" it! There were many small bunkers and stuff we didn't take any pictures of, so these are only the largest and "coolest" installations. We are nowhere done, and have many places planned up for investigation. ;)

PS: sorry if there are many typos. I wanted to get this done as soon as possible. Will try and edit out as much as I can afterwards.

16. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Very cool

17. starving

starving Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon X850
    [​IMG]

My german isn't all that good, but after looking up some words i got to this:
    "Those who wants to live, which fought, and who did not argue in this world of eternal struggle does not earn to live."

Not all that sure if it's correct though.

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  18. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That is so fricken cool.. Though I think my translation makes more sense *gloating* Gotta check out that place during the summer.

19. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    John, your new hobby is intriguing.
    Keep posting pics, it's very interesting. We've spoken before about this sort of thing, and we're both very into discovering things from the past. For you it is war related, for me it is ship wrecks of modern day ocean liners, and sometimes abandoned railways (if the tracks and all are still in place.)

20. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS