BulletStorm - New title from People Can Fly

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 14, 2010.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I'm such an idiot. I could have bought SC2, pre-ordered Shogun 2, put the money on Steam, or just beat my head against a brick wall. But no, I had to buy this stupid fcking "game".

The cutscenes, the scripted events, the imbecilic "commentary", the repetitive "skillshots", the moronic dialogue. On the odd occasion I wasn't hammering the Esc key to skip all the cutscenes, I actually listened to one and almost puked a cat. Literally. A cat.

How could these mongrels get the nerve to make a "parody" game when their piece de resistance is a friggin' joke. Go home, grab a John Romero or John Carmack and do your homework.

DNF will be the same, let's hope Rage can improve upon the par. Which is in a negative factor since we have to look into the past.

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    just bought this from retail shop for $19. installing now :D

wow, game runs 20-25 fps :p all settings high
    need to upgrade gpu

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How is thinking this game is stupid mean someone is a console gamer?

This game is being loved by console gamers everywhere i look, partly because its easy, simplistic and dumb, and aimed at kids who think swearing and violence are "cool"
    I know a few people who have finished it in a single sitting.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    disable AA/ change aspect ratio :nerd:

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I enjoyed the game. Reminds me of the old Painkiller games. Just mindless shooting, move on to the next area, and more mindless shooting.
    Not every game has to raise the bar and add something new to the genre. This game obviously did not try to do that. It's still fun overall though.

6. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Well, Serious Sam 3 is your last hope I guess.
    But then I guess that would mean looking into the past too if it's like First/Second Encounter?

I became kind of jaded about BulletStorm when I saw the Duty Calls parody and realized they were parodying things that even THEY were doing, such as the enemies mostly standing around with standard weaponry waiting for you to shoot them, the health regeneration (bloody screen! how real!!).

The only big differences are the setting (which does kind of cool), the whole skillshot mechanic and some of the weapons. I'm not sure those help all that much.

I kind of feel that NecroVision does this whole "kill with skill" thing better despite being an overall mediocre game and then that's if you can get past the horrible beginning level in which the whole combo aspect of the game is absent.
    Not sure why I brought NecroVision into this but, yeah.

Not sure why him disliking it makes him a console gamer, BulletStorm is very "console" to me, even if I hate saying something like that about any game, but it's unfortunately true for quite a few titles.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well when playing it, I felt like I was playing back in the glory days of FPS, like Doom or something. It felt like a real old-school, no console shooter to me. Many ways to complete an objective, big boss fights, high levels of gore, ect.

So yeah, I liked it because it went back to FPS's roots.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Doom and old days shooters were great in the day because they were new and fresh.

Repeating the same/similar style 20 years later is not my idea of a good game, but this is aimed at the late teen crowd so i suppose i shouldn't be shocked i don't like it.

Just after the Duty Calls sketch, i thought they had something original planned, guess not.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    This is the best First Person Shooter to come out in a LONG time! well, thats my opinion.

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im also really enjoying it, it doesnt really do anything i havent seen beofre in one way or another but its just 'fun' to play which is why i play games in the first place, graphics are nice and the art direction is pretty impressive, enviroments and weapons are really nice looking.

11. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Early days, but love it so far. Breath of fresh air for me. Runs perfectly too. :)

12. anotherzen

anotherzen Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB SLi
    i second that :)

13. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i cant get my Live to login. anyone has the same problem?

14. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    DAMN this game is GOOOOD ;0)

And the Driver release today added Nvidia 3D, Wuhuuuu it looks STUNNIG and runs great ;0)

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Guys, how the **** do I take down this plant boss thing? It's pissing me right off. :biggun::bang:

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just shoot the hell out of it, once you've done enough damage a bunch of bright red glowing spores will appear on it's side. Destroy those... and repeat.

Takes a couple times, but it's a fun boss fight.

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Have to say this looks 2 times better than Crysis 2 and utilizes features much much better.

18. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Well, it doesn't look better, but on an avarage machine it runs alot better and smoother.
    I must say, I do like it more then Crysis..
    I'm not a pre-mature teen, but this over-the-top violence, gore and offensive languge have something to it I really like, + there's Trishka :eek3:.
    It maybe is a "dumb" game, but it good just because of that, you can enjoy it without too much tactics, etc..
    And the skillshots are epic.. "Meatgrinder or sausage fest".. mwahaha :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  19. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Also remember to slide on the ground like a boss when reloading guns. Gets you out of harm's way really quick.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i still havent played much of this (lack of time, and also my graphic card is showing its age), will give it a go coming weekend.
    are there any tweak utilities or mods out for this game yet ?