BulletStorm - New title from People Can Fly

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 14, 2010.

1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I played it with a gamepad about an hr ago to see how it played. IT was awesome, it was really responsive and it just played better, mouse was ok but when you sprint it kind of felt twitchy. I don't like it when games are like that, where the combat feels like you need sensitivity up, but in other areas it feels like the sensitivity is too high for what you need to do.

Looking forward to playing it on my 55" TV when I replace my current one.

The sound of this game is really high quality as well. Don't know if it's uncompressed of what but yeah, it sounds better than 99% of games.

Crysis/warhead had crappy compressed sound and you could really tell when there was explosions. It sounded like a 160kb/s MP3. Bulletstorm just sings on my 400watt fronts.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @JonasBeckham - I appreciate your help but sadly your suggestion didn't work.

I uninstalled the game, deleted both the game installation folder and Bulletstorm folder in My Documents/My Games then uninstalled PhysX v9.10.0514 which came with the v266.77 WHQL graphics drivers.

I ran the Game.exe file from the disc which goes straight into the game installation without prompting for the registration key as it does with AutoRun. I think applied the update manually then copied your RARed files over them to be sure. Once I ran the shortcut from Game Explorer (for some reason no icon was placed on my desktop this time) then I was prompted by ZDP to decrypt the game at which point it did but upon running the game I got this same error, which I've had every time. namely this:

[​IMG]

Yet I'm using the latest graphics drivers and PhysX so how can they be out of date?!?!

In order to get the game to even launch I had to do the old trick of copying the PhysX files from Program Files (x86)/NVIDIA Corporation/PhysX/Common to the game's Binaries/Win32/PhysXLocal folder (after I'd backed up the original files, of course). But when I launch the game it still does NOT sign into Games for Windows LIVE, probably because the PhysX files are not the same ones that were installed.

I'm just sick and fed up of this; I've wasted over half a day trying to fix it. I think the best thing to do is just forget about the game until the developers acknowledge that there is a problem or hope that someone comes up with a working fix on one of the forums where other people with the same issue are posting (Games for Windows LIVE, Epic and Bulletstorm forums). :(

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    @Darren, just delete the physccore file from the games directory. It is a fix that works with many physx games. They use the outdated files and when those files are missing it uses the driver files from the driver directory by default. It can't hurt to try, just back it up and go.

4. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    So this game is indeed damn bugged just came out a game instead off getting over ledge i'm stuck on a ledge.

their was't anything i could do my advice dont buy this game till patch hits to fix this game.......

5. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    I hate the game so god dam much. I'm not far in it, but it hasn't been pleasant so far:

1) Deleted all the GFWL saves games on my machine, including GTA4 which I was AGAIN trying to ****ing finish (have been trying since 09, but GFWL games keep coming along and destroying my saves)

2) Did nothing but walk around, push buttons and listen to GOD AWFUL dialogue and voice acting. Whoever voiced the main character, urgh. His voice just sucks, the lines he's reading suck, the way he delivers them, sucks.

3) NPC got stuck in a door while carting another npc around and couldn't complete, had to reload last checkpoint.

4) 2 functions (sprint and "slide") are assigned to one key on a keyboard. Nuff said.

5) GOD AWFUL VOICE ACTING AND DIALOGUE. Can't stress that enough. The amount of stupid coming out of their mouths is daunting.

6) Character models etc look bad, big and clumpy and round looking, low texture res, plastic shaders EVERYWHERE.

7) Finally, the "kill with skill" thing. Funny to the point of complete awfulness. This is quite possibly the EASIEST fps I've played. It's almost impossible NOT to kill with "skill" as they say.

Q, E, LMB:

"OH MY ****ING GOD LOL YOU JUST GOT THE ULTRA EXXXXTREME SPIKE A GUY UPSIDE DOWN ON AN ELECTRIC BOOGOOLOO FIREPOLE SKILLSHOT"

Seriously, I paid the money, I had high hopes, hell, I was going to look past the terrible voice acting I KNEW was coming before it was released, but dear god.

Nothing but pointless elevators, pointless buttons to push, linear corridor things and just plain boring gameplay.

This goes into the pile of games I'll probably never finish.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Deleting PhysXCore.dll didn't make any difference, dchalf10. Tried it last night. Thanks for trying though.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    You shouldn't be suprised, Unreal Engine 3 came out before your current gpu. ;)

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Ah sorry Darren Hodgson I've been misunderstanding you, easiest would be to set PhysX to CPU mode for now to bypass this as it's not related to the installed PhysX or anything being outdated but the internal PhysX files the game uses, Dchalf10 has the right idea which should bypass this by replacing those specific files with the most recent ones available (Hopefully LIVE won't interfere with the files being modified, this mostly related to the packed game files and ini data however.)

EDIT: Properties window and version check on those DLL's show them to be a specific 2.8.1 build.
    (This mainly is for PPU's but copying \Bulletstorm\Binaries\Win32\PhysXLocal\PhysXLoader.dll back to Binaries\Win32 might bypass this as well without altering other files.)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Are you high? It has awesome voice acting, far above 99% of games that come out these days. Character models are great, and the textures are pretty high resolution. Never got a NPC stuck. Sprint & Slide are the same key for a reason, and it's double tap for Slide, which I loved. The game is supposed to be cinematic. I played on Hard, but yeah, regenerating HP will always equal an easy game.

The dialogue was awesome, I think it's a smash hit to come out with a good story, likable characters, for a new IP, I think it did amazing.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The GFWL will not start unless the processes are found in th process tab of windows task manger. What I suggested earlier wouldn't take effect until you boot to desktop. What you need to do to start the game (if services shows that it's set to manual) is log into GFWL 1st. Exit out of GFWL (don't worry all you are trying to do is start the GFWL process). Now start BulletStorm. GFWL won't start for this game unless the processes for GFWL is already started.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i'm really enjoying this game, most sp fun i've had other than war shooters in a llong time!

leash um, head shot um, and move on ... gotta like mindless killin, i do ;)

13. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 670GTX 4GB OC
    Is anybody else getting graphic issues with this game? Some of the characters are blur and sometimes the background doesn't render. I have my setting set to high for now. If I try to lower them, it just make the game look wrost

14. anotherzen

anotherzen Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB SLi
    played through this one on the PC in 2 sittings, just above 7 hours worth of SP game for me accoring to STEAM and i am pleased. Very pleased infact.

The removal of mousesmoothing made the experience way better, so much infact that i would say it mandatory for a good gameplay experience.

Best game i have played since Batman AA.

Good graphics but most importantly awesome atmosphere and setting, almost made me feel like playing Unreal for the first time, because the enviorment was so awesomely made.

Good game mechanics, voice acting is good too and the dialogue is halarious and well placed and just enough vehicle missions to keep everything new and fun. Sci-Fi Adventure Action at its purest.

Sorry for those who doesn't like it, but for me this has been a true adventure palying, just like games should be! :)

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sorry for being a bit dense but how do I start GfWL first? If you mean run Games for Windows Marketplace then I've tried that with no success. Nothing works.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Before starting the game look in process tab to find 2 processes:
    WLIDSVC.exe
    WLIDSVCM.exe

If you see them then the the game will show GFWL as it loads (lower right corner, etc).
    If you don't see those processes click on the GF Marketplace icon from Games (Start Orb, Games). Once you are logged in (wait a minute or 2) then look at your process tab to see if those 2 processes are there. If so just exit out of GF Marketplace. The processes should still be there. You can then start BulletStorm and see GFWL as the game loads. If you don't see it there is something else going on with your PC.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Those two processes show when Marketplace is opened (actually they may even open when I use Windows Live Mail) and even when they're running they still don't allow Bulletstorm to sign into LIVE unfortunately.

Don't see why I have to mess around like this anyway as other GfWL games are working just fine, i.e. they sign in and allow access to the interface. Why should Bulletstorm be any different when it is using the exact same software? That implies to me that the problem is the game not GfWL.

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti

+1 but i guess to each their own. I never had any glitches or problems what so ever with the game. Everything works perfect.

@DiaboliX I guess I never really paid attention to the fact it was UE3 engine....i figured they used their own game engine or something. I was kind of expecting to have to run the settings a little lower. Suprise! lol

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  20. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    And you also have your panties in a bunch dude... but I guess that some had to have that sort of oppinion.

No good games without the pessimists :D

But you are entitled to your oppinion nevertheless :)