Bulletstorm anyone ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ili1911, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ili1911

ili1911 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 6870
    After installing Bulletstorm and uninstalling it for the 3rd time I decided to take a real try on it and I went from ...meh to WTF, I just finished it after 5 epic hours. I found it extremely not the way I saw it the first time(s), it's a great game, something new is always happening, superb landscapes, battle setups, dialogues, ways to kill and action. ( love the leash )
    Really kept me involved.

Sadly, it's soooo damn short.

Anyone else tried it ? :3eyes:

2. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I really liked the game too.

It was alot of fun.

3. ili1911

ili1911 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 6870
    hope there's a sequel, really do.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you finished it in 5 hours? lol

i got it in March, so far did about 50%, love the game of course, will finish it eventually in a few month if all goes well :D

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I got Bulletstorm at release. I've since finished the game two/three times... and still enjoy it. It's a really fun game.
    Saldy, Epic marketed it completely wrong... they focused way too much on the immature sex jokes and profanity in their marketing.
    Yet the story and characters are actually really well developed and presented. It's far more then the profanity filled, run and gun shooter Epic made people think it was.
    But, I didn't find the game short either. It took me roughly 8+ hours to finish it my first time through. And these days, that's pretty long.

People Can Fly are an amazing studio. I just think it sucks they are owned by Epic.

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Mindless games made for stupids, sold on false intentions.

Oh yeah, great gaem.

7. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I played it for a while and I liked the visual style but the gameplay was rather boring tbh. Could've used a lot better scripting on the fights. never finished it

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Was. A lot of the talent went to make another studio that's working on Hard Reset.

I can't remember where I read that bit or else I would cite it, probably PC Gamer's Hard Reset preview.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well.....

People Can Fly was a small, independent studio when they made Painkiller. Members of the team actually lived out of the office, even going without food as all their funds went into the game.
    Upon finishing Painkiller, they started work on Battle out of Hell. When they finished that several members of the team left and went on to create The Farm51 and develop NecrovisioN.

Shortly after this split PCF started initial work on the game that would become Bulletstorm. But still had funding issues, it was shortly after this they got hired (bought) by Epic to handle the PC port of Gears of War and create the new chapter for the game.
    When they finished this they dived headfirst into Bulletstorm... during the development of the game, some members didn't really like working under another studio, and wanted to do something closer to Painkiller.
    So, they left the studio and teamed up with members of CD Projekt RED and some people from City Interactive in 2009. From there they've created their own property engine, and developed Hard Reset.

But, even so... People Can Fly have a lot of high quality, talented people in their studio. And I still hold them in higher regards then I do a lot of other, larger studios.
    Though, I'm very excited to see what Flying Wild Hog deliver with Hard Reset. :) Which I've had pre-purchased for a few weeks now.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i went through it twice. the game was really good, although a tad short. either way, i enjoyed it. i do hope they make a sequel

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Thank you for that bit of gaming history. It sounds just like Apogee to me which led to Id Software, 3D Realms, Rebel Boat Rockers, Gearbox, Raven, and etc... Initial studio had tons of ultra talented people who later would spawn some of the best and most notable game developers/games out there.

To me, I think it is was bad to split but inevitable when studios are unable to fund or maintain growth opportunities for their talent. The good is that we now a few really good development teams out there but I can't think amazing it would be if all that talent was re-united under one ultra kick ass title.

I am looking forward to Hard Reset.