Building new PC - Need full help with all

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Checheck, Apr 10, 2017.

1. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Checheck likes this.
  2. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Thanks sverek :)

3. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Hello again to everyone. Thanks to sverek, Geryboy, Darkest, dd4000, yasamoka, Agent-A01, Only Intruder, and H83 for the help.

As I mentioned around two months ago "Will wait and see how much I can increase my budget [...] Hope got an extra +100 in two months but it all depends of how things goes in real life." In the next days or in a week I will be able to buy.

My new budget is 900€, which can be increased to 1000. But I'm a little worried about, is not that much? I have been years waiting/saving for, but still looks like too high.

As I said too, I didn't know about hardware or stuff, I have been reading about, but in two months is not too much what someone like me can learn.

I have taken into consideration all your opinions/suggestions.

For now:

CPU: Ryzen R5 1600 - sverek's suggestions, Darkest's suggestion for long-term (he said 7700K but). Also new consoles still 6cores+2 for SO, so... good choice?
    GPU: 1060 6GB too expensive maybe... miners are with 480 and similar for now, I'm stuck there. Min 4 GB. As many of you said, it's right I'm not that guy using ULTRA or HIGH settings, I don't care in use LOW, but thinking in that long-term and maybe in others game I will need it.
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W 80 Plus Bronze - as Darkest suggested, a good 600-700W, I think this one is, reading it's close to Tier 1 if it is not (sorry, I'm just learning about hardware).
    RAM: DDR4 16 GB - As h83 suggested, and I'm checking the manufacters and didn't decide yet what frequency.
    Motherboard: I'm just blind here. Some of them have for more than one graphic card, I'm not going to use that, never. Also the reviews are confused for me... looks like Gigabyte is the best, but they have a issue that their bios get autoflashed and back to default, MSI has some MB that have very slow reboot and some display problems. I guess all of this is normal since all still very fresh and it is just improving day per day with the bios updates. <- I really need help with the motherboard.
    HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 1TB SATA3 (at the end as dd4000 suggested better just a HDD instead SSD+HDD).
    Case: same, blind. Corsair 200R (Darkest's suggestion) looks a little expensive, it's good, for sure.

Total: 664.89€ without GPU and without MB and Case decided.
    TL;DR (edit, now I can post links): https://imgur.com/onUKuT5 <- Summary in that pic.

Not the best time for buy RAM, checking it has increased the price a lot... and you can feel the perfomance of higher frecuencies.

Sorry for don't mention of all you in the pick ups, did the post very fast. Later in the evening or tomorrow I will edit it.

Thanks once again to all of you, never expect people to help me. I'm sorry for my long text and my English, also for my lack of knowledge in this, I've tried the best in learn. I accept suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Hello, I made suggestion regarding ryzen parts in other thread:

I'll check if there something more relative on market lately

Checheck likes this.

5. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Thanks sverek :)

Checking here...

Ryzen 5 1600 - 229€
    Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 - 119€
    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16 - 149€

Total = 497€

That difference... damnit XD

Why that MB btw? Good feedback from users?

Thanks as always :)

6. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Regarding motherboard, you need Model X300, B350 or X370 for overclocking.

check wiki page for each models benefits:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM4

Regarding maker, it really depends on your luck. I've never had problems with Asus, Asrock and Gigabyte.

Checheck likes this.
  7. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Copy that! Thanks again :)

8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It looks like your build is shaping up nicely.

There are other options you could use for your case if the 200R is a little pricy, it seems like it costs more now than it did when I last checked by a fair margin.

Corsair Carbide SPEC-02: 50euro
    Antec GX200 Negra USB 3.0: 35euro

Prices taken from https://www.pccomponentes.com as it seems you intend to use that shop. Hold in mind that the cases I'm recommending are mainly my preference, there's a wide range of decent cases for 30-50 euros that may suit you better.

Checheck likes this.
  9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I can't really give any help that wouldn't have been given already, but I'll just say that don't lament those prices so much. Your prices would be truly excellent in my parts. No matter how bad something looks like, there's always a place where it's even worse (unless you happen to live in North Korea. Then you are out of luck).

Checheck likes this.
  10. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Thanks!! If it is shaping up nicely is thanks to all of you :)

Thanks again for take a look in the cases, and in the shop I'm going to buy!! I have noted them, and I have saw others while looking and those. I will make my choice after choice the MB!

Thanks again :)

Hello Kaarme. Well... honestly that doesn't make me feel better, these prices... We're here saving money for computers, first world things. I really wish to all countries have similar prices (well, equal for the people of that country vs others), but that is impossible, different taxes, differents salaries, etc, a lot of variables that I don't know.
    But I really appreciate your intention :)
    I hate my English, not sure if I said what I wanted, is not a rude comment!

Thanks!! :)

I'm in a loop with those three MBs, the end of the road is more close.

ASRock AB350M PRO4 (is not in the shop, discarted) <- NOPE
    Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4
    MSI B350 Tomahawk
    Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3

I don't know which one pick. The last one looks very good in the places I've checked, but yeah, more money, and I don't have idea what kind of things have I to focus in order to pick the right one.
    What should I take in consideration?

Edit: now I can post links, MBs should be more easy to check.

11. Portuogral

Portuogral Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Here's the deal, any of this boards is OK and you'll be fine with it.

I'll try to break up the main differences in a couple of bullet points:

. Gigabyte packs better audio, 2x USB 3.1 Type A, two more USB 3 physically compatible ports (7x), one more fan header (6x), a dedicated USB DAC port (with more power to drive external DACs), 1x PCIe 2.0 x16 running at x4

. MSI offers PCI legacy support and 2x USB 3.1 internal I/O connectors (one more than the others)

. Asrock offers RBG support for the chipset heatsink and 4x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots

.Gigabyte and MSI feature 2x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots

. Asrock and MSI offer USB 3.1 type C (and VGA onboard for future APUs), a "two heatsink cooling" design in the mosfets/power phases area, 5x USB 3 physically compatible ports, 5x fan headers

. Asrock and Gigabyte offer 6x SATA 6Gb/s ports (+2 ports than MSI because Asrock and Gigabyte use a third-party chip to accomplish this), and all RBG support you may want.

I think that's about it...

Checheck likes this.
  12. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Honestly, thank you a lot.

13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    So how's your budget looking so far, assuming you've decided on a mobo?

Checheck likes this.
  14. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Good morning Darkest! :)

Here I post two links, one as alternative in case anyone can't see the first one (prices are differents, total right now is around 650€ of 900€-1000€).

https://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador/B9D427FcE

Alternative link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HQWjD8 (here the case is different because I can't pick up the one I choice in the previous link).

The case I don't know yet 100% but it's fine, I live in an area with a lot of hot, this room min. temp 28ºC 24/7 during summer, so... I need to survive, the computer too xD

I'm stucked with the graphic card... I was looking for 480/570/580 (any sapphire), but then... 1060 is a very good one, but wasn't my plan. Maybe buy without and buy later? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It's looking good so far.

It's a shame that AMD cards have all been bought up by miners, but the 1060 is still a solid piece of kit that will serve you well.

From looking at that website, you could pick up a decent gold rated PSU for 95-100 euro (Such as the EVGA G3, Seasonic G, Enermax, Thermaltake), but that Seasonic will do the job just fine if you don't want to stretch that far.

You could probably slip an 128-256gb SSD into your build and still come in under budget, use it for the O/S and most used programs as well as a couple of games.

Regarding the GPU, you could always contact the store you want to buy from and ask them when the 580's will next be in stock, and how much of an order backlog (if any) that they have. It may be a bit risky and end up being a waste of your time depending on how reputable the store you're using is. I've known a couple of companies in the UK to more or less lie to your face about stock in order to push a sale. That said, there's a few 580's listed for dirt cheap on https://www.pccomponentes.com/ so it might be worth waiting.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Checheck likes this.

16. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    I've forgotten one thing... I'm not going to build the PC, so that is a extra 45€. I have watched two longs tutorials of around 1h each one, but still scared. It's the first thing I'm doing something step by step carefully and I don't want to screw up everything with my hands xD

So 650 is now 695. The rest of the money will be for the GPU then, I have completely forgotten about the build thing (they mount, test, and check everything is OK), sorry about that :(

So I think we can discard the good idea about gold PSU+SSD, but well, about the SSD who knows in the future, is not a problem for me install all again.

About the GPU, there is one for 30 June, anyway I will follow your suggestion and ask them.
    About that as well, do you think if goes for RX 580 will be a good idea for future too? Not only by its specs, perfomance, etc. Checking looks like AMD>Nvidia in DX12, not idea about the future of games and how AMD/Nvidia are dealing with DX12, those things are out of my knowledge/control.
    1060 Nº1 in DX 11, 580 Nº1 in DX12. Any choice will be good, I know that.

Thanks for the continued support you're giving to me.

17. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'd personally take the 580 over the 1060 given the choice, it comes down to which games you play to an extent. I do think that going forward the 580 will be the better card, and since you do seem to keep your hardware for long periods of time it'll work out better for you.

That said, I wouldn't say it'd be the end of the world if you opted for a 1060 instead. It's still a very serviceable card, and a GPU upgrade is one of the easiest things you can do assuming you decide to replace it in a couple of years.

Checheck likes this.
  18. Checheck

Checheck Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6GB
    Very probably I will go for the 580 then (280€ here the only one available, but others are more cheaper but not supply, I asked them, waiting for a reply).

Don't feel good at all will all the money spent but I have to see it as an investment without any necessity of upgrade anything in years.

When I get it, since I don't know exactly how give thanks to all of you for the help, if any of you want me to do any kind of test, I will. So feel free to request anything (keep in mind I'm a newbie).
    I'm glad I chose the right place for my new PC that has been years waiting, happy to see people helping to someone that didn't have a single idea/clue of anything, guiding him on the right way. Hope someday be in that other side, helping people with theirs PCs as you all did to me.

Because I can't or I don't know how! If not trust me my case will have your nicknames as a tribute (sounds crazy, I know xD) :banana:

Once again, thanks guys.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    You're building a pretty solid rig mate, it'll run current games on a mixture of high settings. Going into the future I've no doubt that it'll be capable of running most games pretty well for the next 4 years as a minimum -- probably longer given that you don't mind lowering settings.

Once you get the rig I'm sure I speak for everyone in that we'd love hearing your impressions on it. You could maybe run a couple of benchmarks and we can advise how you can get the best out of it!

Remember, we're always here to help if you need to ask anything at all.

PS: I don't think I've ever had a PC named after me! :p

Checheck likes this.
  20. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Make sure you have a good surge protector. No point spending all that money and not protecting your investment!

Checheck likes this.