1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building first Pc by myself

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Xron, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:31 AM.

1. Xron

Xron New Member

GPU:
    gtx760
    Hello guys and girls!

I would like to ask some questions, if my pc parts will fit to each other or not.

1. Gpu - Rtx 2060super (gonna change next year to rtx 3080) ~410euro rtx2060s
    2. Cpu - Intel 9700k (Cpu cooler, probably Noctua NH D15) ~410euro (Cpu) ~88euro (Noctua)
    3. Motherboard - Gigabyte z390 aorus pro ~195euro

4. Psu - Be Quiet! Pure Power 11Cm 700W ~90euro

5. Ram - G.Skill RipjawsV Ddr4 16GB (2x8GB) 3000Mhz Cl15 1.35V Xmp 2.0 Red ~82euro

6. Case (Chassis) - DeepCool Matrexx 70 ~57euro (maybe I should change for more expensive...)

7. Ssd - Samsung Evo 850 - 250GB (from last pc) 0 euro

8. Hdd - 2Tb. (from last pc) 0 euro

9. Monitor - Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD ~560euro
    End price ~1.9k (maybe a bit more if I will get better case)

The questions are:

Will there be problems with Gpu size (when I buy Rtx 3080 next year)?

Will Psu fit in this pc case or maybe there is better option of Pc Case under 100/120$?

Will the airflow be sufficient? or I have to buy additional cooler? will Cpu cooler (Noctua Nh D15f it into case?)

Is there a better monitor in that price range? it costs ~560euro here in Lithuania.

Maybe you guys can see any other problems? alternative parts that are cheaper yet better?
    Ps. Will Corsair Mp510 960GB Ssd be a nice upgrade over current one? (planing to get one later this year).

Thank you for any decent advice in advance!

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    If you're decisive on upgrading your GPU next year; my personal suggestion would be to get a GPU that's a a little 'weaker' but much cheaper (maybe even second hand?). That money can be used elsewhere for now; but that's just me. For reference, my GTX 1070 was able to play all games at 1440p high settings. You can always turn down the settings if things get rough. Esports title ran with no issues at above 200fps. In short, a GPU that will close the gap between today and when the new GTX comes out.

The case I'm not a big fan of; not a big fan of anything with three fans in the front with a glass panel blocking the whole thing. Any case which is pulling air from the sides & gaps of the front panel are prioritizing aesthetics over airflow. If you want good airflow; maybe look into the meshify cases? The Matrexx game will; look better, run hotter and overall will be quieter. The meshify still looks great imo, will run (much) cooler but will be louder, even if you're using the same fans. I speak from experience on the case issue.

Upping your SSD storage will future proof you a little more; but you can always add later if needed. So not an issue there.

1) You will have no issues fitting the RTX 3080 in the Matrexx case, if that is the one you're getting.
    2) Same for your PSU.
    3) The airflow will be 'sufficient' but it will run on the hotter end of the spectrum.
    4) The 27GL850 is coming soon; otherwise the AD27QD will be fine. You can find other cheaper 144hz monitors with different panels; whether its better or not would be subjective.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I think you should look for a better case if you are going to spend this amount of money on a new rig. Also i agree with slick3 regarding the 2nd hand GPU, if you are really thinking about buying a new one next year.
    The rest seems fine although we can always argue if the 9700 is worth the premium over the Ryzen 3700X.

Have fun with your new system!

4. Xron

Xron New Member

GPU:
    gtx760
    Thx for your answers guys,

Any idea how long must I wait to get that new monitor (27GL850) here in western europe? (not UK)

Ryzen 3700x costs 380 euro here in Lithuania and 9700k 410 euro... so the difference isn't that big.

Could you guys offer me a decent Pc case? under 120euro/usd, the only problem is that the Motherboard I wanted to get supports 2x usb 3.1c... and the cases I checked for that price, does not...

So maybe I need to reconsider buying that moterboard and check some other?

The case I think might be getting is this then... Cooler Master Mastercase H500. kinda expensive, but still no usb 3.1c support though... and 167mm for cpu cooler is pretty close to limits of Noctuas 165mm...

P.s did not think that the hardest part will be trying to get decent pc case, I thought it will be easiest... :D

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    do you need usb 3.1c? you arent obliged to plug the connector to your case for it to work, could always get a pci-e card if you desperately needed it.

you could maybe look at : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Win-805-Type-Aluminium-Case/dp/B016NHPB1G

or

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-r6-usb-c-tempered-glass/black/

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 7:27 PM
  6. Xron

Xron New Member

GPU:
    gtx760
    Thx guys!

Fractal design seems decent, I just hope I won't have problems with Psu and Ram then. ;)

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Looks Great the parts you picked, I hope you enjoy your system its always the best feeling the 1st time you build your own Pc. Enjoy.