Hi All, I was thinking of building a new gaming pc, well, that's a little misleading. I was thinking of upgrading my CPU from 6700K (@4.7ghz) to an 8700K and running it on a Asus Strix Z370-G Gaming. It would cost me $518 for cpu and $299 for MB. I wasn't planning on upgrading my GTX 1080 Strix 11Gbps cards until I see the benchmarks of the "Volta" line of GPU's, and waiting until at least the GTX 2080Ti comes out, which I assuming according to all other time frames could be around mid 2019. (just speculating here). Or the other option that I was thinking was getting a Ryzen 1800X - but this is a more expensive CPU, and I'm using my system purely for gaming - and internet and uni - but mainly gaming. I had heard from other reviews that the Ryzen is not as good for gaming, that intel is the chip I should go for - or since I'm not upgrading anything other than CPU and MB,would it be better to wait I until the Volta comes out, have a look at the benchmarks, and upgrade to a whole new system. By then, hopefully prices will have dropped. So is it worth upgrading to an 8700K at the moment or just wait and see what volta brings to the table. I don't think there is any bottleneck - and I can game comfortably at avg 55 fps ultra @4K in "ghost recon wildlands" plus I don't see that much of a drop in frame rates since I have a g-sync monitor - I.E. frame rate drops are not noticeable. But I know that the games coming out this year which I am looking forward to are Metro and Cyberpunk 2077. Then I may have to drop my graphics settings to get around the 55-60fps mark. I'm leaning towards waiting until mid next year and see what it brings, looking at the benchmarks and reviews rather than spending over $800 on a cpu and mb that I don't really need right now (but would be nice to have, if it improved frame rates). I don't see any point in upgrading to 1080Ti in SLI because they are around $1200-$1500au each at the moment and since the volta cards are supposed to be coming in Q2 "hopefully". I'm trying to get away from having to use SLI do get decent frame rates in games - and all the problems that come with it and i'm hoping that a new system with a volta TI card would run 60fps @4K ultra settings, but again I am speculating here and will have to wait until the reviews come out. So my question really is: - should I spend $800 now and get a new MB and CPU, (will it make that much of a difference), or wait until mid - end 2019 and upgrade then, since there is nothing I can't really run (gaming wise) that runs below 50fps ultra @4K. All comments are appreciated to help me decide. .