Bug with 260.63 beta...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GastonWazeef, Sep 17, 2010.

1. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    if video acceleration is your problem, check your renderer, video decoder, player settings, etc. Try reinstall directx and maybe uninstall / install your video player, clean the registry... I go from 258.96 to 260.63 and my hw accel works just fine if i enable it.

2. Parabellum Uk

Parabellum Uk Member

GPU:
    SLi - Gainward GTX460 GLH
    sorry wrong topic

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti

No you didn't, you just wanted to show your "superior" knowledge, and couldn't also resist to put in a derogatory remark as well.

In doing so, you made yourself look utterly stupid by completely failing to notice he didn't use an nVidia based motherboard, but an Intel one. And after realizing how stupid a mistake you made, you wanted to save your face with a smiley.

Ow, poor you...

As to the topic at hand, I too noticed that some weird things creep into your PC with the 260 series of drivers.

I've spent 2 days trying to go back from 260.63 to 260.61 TESLA (drivers worked perfectly) and ran into several failed installations, whilst using Driversweeper each time, and even resorted to going back to 258 and lower drivers. I also ran a registry cleaner after Driver Sweeper in safe mode.

In the end, I did get 260.61 installed (during the process of installation NOTHING showed up on my screen, no splash screen, no menu of choices, nothing...) but now that too suffers the same intermittent crashes 260.63 had. I checked and all parts in the nVidia Control Panel are on 260.61 and no signs of 260.63 left behind.

I dialed back on my overclock and it seems to be okay, but that means something IS still screwed up. The overclock worked perfect with the 260.61 prior to upgrading to 260.63, and now I had to lower them. Go figure.

4. GastonWazeef

GastonWazeef Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    THX for your feedback H-Ackermans, let's hope ShadowDuke will read twice users problems in the future ^^

I'm still on WinXP, I previously planned to switch to Win7 during this week, but now I really want to wait for WHQL drivers, just to see if nVidia can handle this.

5. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    I wouldn't wait on switching to Windows 7 just on count of nVidia's WHQL drivers, you're missing out on the best Windows ever :)

6. GastonWazeef

GastonWazeef Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    maybe you're right... I was waiting for SP1 but I miss too much my HD movies...

7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I see this topic is still going with no resolution. I'm sorry my suggestion hasn't helped.

Is this just video playback that is effected? Not gaming?

Someone suggested, you try and reinstall your video player software, have you tried this "If its other than stock windows app, that is". Just remove it and reinstall it and you shouldn't have any issues.

This is kind of a last resort but, Have you tried windows restore? You can go to a restore point one day before you installed these drivers and it should return everything back to the way it was. Keep in mind any software installed after that restore point may not work properly and may need to be reinstalled.

There is also the choice to do a windows repair with the install CD, but you sound like a newer user and I don't recommend that for anyone with less experience.

8. GastonWazeef

GastonWazeef Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    yes gaming is also affected, but is still playable.

to view HD movies I'm using both VLC and MPC HC, and I've reinstalled them, nothing has changed.

unfortunately, I was using windows without system restore. and I think I got to reinstall Windows, as Windows repair with the install CD never worked for me...

BTW thanks to all for the help you tried to give me.

9. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    got lags with 260.63 too, reverted to .52

10. GastonWazeef

GastonWazeef Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    hi all,

I don't know what I did, but my video acceleration is back !

I made a registry clean with CCleaner as usual, maybe that's it but I'm not sure because I remember I already did that cleaning in vain.

The only thing I noticed is that my task manager settings has been resetted (windows size, options, display settings, etc...). Maybe it can help you to tell me what was messed up in my comp !

See ya all and thanks again.