[Bug report] User Defined Fan Control leaves fans at 100% after computer startup

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MaloW, Jun 13, 2021.

1. MaloW

MaloW New Member

GPU:
    I recently upgraded from version 4.3.0 to 4.6.3 and my User Defined Fan Control stopped working correctly on computer startup.

This is what my fan curve looks like: https://i.imgur.com/AB7BTbA.png

The problem is that on computer start-up my fans will be set at 100% instead of 0% until 55c is reached, at which point the fan-curve kicks in and everything works as expected. This is probably because before MSI Afterburner is started my fans are set at 100% (which is fine), but once MSI Afterburner starts it seems it either doesn't initially try to change my fans to 0% (which is what it's supposed to be according to the curve) or that it tries to do that and fails, and then because I don't have "Force fan speed update on each period" ticked it thinks I'm currently at 0% and that I'm supposed to be at 0% so it doesn't make any additional speed-changes until I reach 55c at which point it starts making further speed-changes that work.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your card is defective if fans are locked to 100% after posting.

fans should only 100% pre-post and assume the standard idle % on boot screen and windows startup.

MSIAB has nothing to do with it.

3. MaloW

MaloW New Member

GPU:
    My fans are not "locked to 100%", they just default to 100% during POST. If I have MSIAB disabled the original default fan-curve takes over after POST and everything is fine. It's when I have MSIAB to start at system startup and use User Defined Fan Control that MSIAB simply just doesn't apply the fan curve until my GPU reaches a different temperature later on. Like I said everything worked perfectly before I upgraded from version 4.3.0 to version 4.6.3 of MSIAB... My card is not defective lol...